Jaromir Jagr - 750 goal scorer!

AIexisLafreniereNYR

Registered Drug User
Jan 25, 2009
New York City
What a legend. I seriously wonder how much longer he has. It's just crazy to think his first season with the Rangers he's kind of considered old at 33 years old, 11 years later he's stronger than ever

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
When Jagr played his first game in the NHL, president Barack Obama was still studying Law in Harvard.

This was state of the art mobile phone with the price-tag north of 1000 USD.

nokia-1011.jpg

George H. W. Bush was the president when Jagr won his second Stanley Cup.

After this season has passed, Jagr has played in the NHL during 5 different presidents. George H. W. Bush, Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton/Donald Trump.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
In theory, sure, but he's said himself that without his time in the KHL he'd have retired years ago.

I'm pretty sure he was just reassuring himself

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
Beat Messier...then retire. If Jagr keeps on going, we won't be able to say Gretzky has more assists than anyone else has points pretty soon. But if anyone has to be the guy to break that, I'd be glad it's Jagr.

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
jagr should be introduced into the hof while still playing in the nhl

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Could have beat Gretzky's number if he didn't go to the KHL and been through multiple lockouts. Shame.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
makes you wonder where he'd be at if he hadn't left for the khl for a few years

but then again iirc he said that that invigorated him so maybe had he not left he would already be retired

Rec T

Jun 1, 2007
NKY
It gives me hope as an old fart that someone close to my age is still playing highly competitive hockey at an elite level in the NHL. It wasn't so bad when my kids were toddlers to compare myself to the assorted players. However when there are players in the NHL younger than my youngest child....Jagr takes away some of that pain.

(and yes, given his own statements that he'd be long retired if he hadn't gone to the KHL, all these 'what ifs' are kind of silly)

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
When do we start taking Mario Jr. seriously?

With the right PR guy he could easily hook up with an author and sell major copies on how to be extremely fit during mid-life. How GNC hasn't snatched him up is a bit odd to me.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
When do we start taking Mario Jr. seriously?

With the right PR guy he could easily hook up with an author and sell major copies on how to be extremely fit during mid-life. How GNC hasn't snatched him up is a bit odd to me.

I've been saying this for my friends for a while, Jagr has a plan to launch a health/fitness/professional athlete merchandise line after his retirement. Be it books, giving speeches, nutrition, training, etc. Maybe all combined. But the way this guy focuses on being professional athlete when closing in on 50 is unbelievable. In fact, Jagr is being bit secretive about some of his training/nutrition habits. Maybe he's waiting until he retires and starts a business relating to it?

I definitely could see him having demand in pro-hockey circles about training, nutrition and how to manage your life when you are a professional hockey player.

aemoreira1981

Jan 27, 2012
New York City
In theory, sure, but he's said himself that without his time in the KHL he'd have retired years ago.

Shorter seasons there is the answer. The NHL season can be a grind with 82 games and the playoffs. IIHF leagues always end their seasons so that all players are available for the Worlds.

threetimer*

Aug 1, 2016
I've been saying this for my friends for a while, Jagr has a plan to launch a health/fitness/professional athlete merchandise line after his retirement. Be it books, giving speeches, nutrition, training, etc. Maybe all combined. But the way this guy focuses on being professional athlete when closing in on 50 is unbelievable. In fact, Jagr is being bit secretive about some of his training/nutrition habits. Maybe he's waiting until he retires and starts a business relating to it?

I definitely could see him having demand in pro-hockey circles about training, nutrition and how to manage your life when you are a professional hockey player.

AFAIK, he was never into booze and he never smoked, but ate whatever he liked whenever he felt like it and he always was a HUGE sweets addict.

He may sell his story later, but his stamina probably has more to do with training and good genes rather than some special diet. (Truckloads of Kit Kat aside.)

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
He said he wants to play until he's 50 I believe. His quote was something like "there's a lot of bad players in the NHL" LMAO.

He's still probably going to put up 25+ goals and 50+ points this year at 44, so him playing until 47-48 range is really not out of the question at all

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007

I assume not having children and not being married has a positive impact on remaining focused and dedicated to hockey.

Thordic

StraightOuttaConklin
Jul 12, 2006
He may sell his story later, but his stamina probably has more to do with training and good genes rather than some special diet. (Truckloads of Kit Kat aside.)

Yeah, I'm sure he could write a book and suckers would buy it but he has mutant genes. There's no way he accomplishes what he did if he wasn't extraordinarily gifted to begin with. His fitness routine is legendary, but a "normal" person probably couldn't handle it without breaking down eventually.

dr robbie

Let's Go Pens!
Feb 21, 2012
Pittsburgh
I feel like everyone loves Jagr because he's played for everyone's team at some point :P

He was one of my favorite players growing up and I can't believe he's still doing it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad