Jaromir Jagr - 750 goal scorer!

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
I think this definitely deserves its own thread instead of getting lost somewhere in an GDT...

What a ****ing legend! He just keeps on breaking records and reaching new milestones. He's only the 3rd player to score 750 goals in the NHL.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Not exactly relevant. But we should have a thread of things that will happen before Jagr retires...

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Not exactly relevant. But we should have a thread of things that will happen before Jagr retires...

I'm not sure if the mod's will allow it, but that sounds like an awesome idea. Go ahead and make one?

Congrats to the old man! What a legend and a fan favorite. I've never disliked the guy and always appreciated him. But there was a time when Jagr wasn't exactly the most liked super-star in the league. As he's grown older the perception of him has changed more than I've ever seen with any other player.

Is Jagr currently the most unanimously liked player in the league? After Dats left it's a possibility.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
20 a year for the 3 years he went to the KHL + 10 more for the half-season lockout in 2013 and he's easily past 800 and Gordie Howe.

Dude's a legend.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Guy is a legend. Haha I met him in Montreal last year.

I told him I was a fan, and wished him luck. He asked me where Tim Hortons was.

XD

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
20 a year for the 3 years he went to the KHL + 10 more for the half-season lockout in 2013 and he's easily past 800 and Gordie Howe.

Dude's a legend.

Jagr's actually been through three different "lockout's". The shortened season in 94-95 and 12-13 and the full season cancellation in 04-05. So he's lost almost 2 seasons worth of games for them.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
I'm not sure if the mod's will allow it, but that sounds like an awesome idea. Go ahead and make one?

Congrats to the old man! What a legend and a fan favorite. I've never disliked the guy and always appreciated him. But there was a time when Jagr wasn't exactly the most liked super-star in the league. As he's grown older the perception of him has changed more than I've ever seen with any other player.

Is Jagr currently the most unanimously liked player in the league? After Dats left it's a possibility.

My privileges are restricted, can't create threads until I have been a user for a specific amount of days.

Yeah, Jagr was considered a prima donna in the 90s. And truthfully, he still is to some extent.

But he's the last player of my favourite generation of hockey players. I hope he remains in the NHL for years to come, as does virtually everyone.

And yeah, he probably is the most liked player now. Who can't atleast appreciate his resurgence?

There might as well be a sticky Jagr thread in the NHL forum until he retires. Not sure if this one will stay up, maybe they will change the title for every new accomplishment?

Last edited:

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Amazing.

Should have seen him against the Devils in OT in 3 on 3 a few games ago, was outplaying everyone on the ice. Damn amazing machine he is still.

Quarter

The caravan moves on
Mar 3, 2011
Ontario

Dude's a legend.
In theory, sure, but he's said himself that without his time in the KHL he'd have retired years ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad