Speculation: Jarome Iginla

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
You obviously don't care what others think, or you oight actually stop and think before you post and constantly embarrass yourself.

I just can't see the other side. What is so terrible about going out and getting a big piece to help the team win. The other teams do it. What makes it ok for the Hawks to sit back and do nothing? What year are they building for? It's right there this season. I just don't understand what makes this ok...not only ok, but some of you are so happy to see this happen and I just don't understand how a Hawks fan could feel that way. Detroit fans, sure, other NHL Cup contenders, absolutely, they'll be laughing their ***** of at the Hawks and dismiss them as a top contender if they don't make the move, but here...we're all Hawks fans, we want to see them win the Cup.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
I just can't see the other side. What is so terrible about going out and getting a big piece to help the team win. The other teams do it. What makes it ok for the Hawks to sit back and do nothing? What year are they building for? It's right there this season. I just don't understand what makes this ok...not only ok, but some of you are so happy to see this happen and I just don't understand how a Hawks fan could feel that way. Detroit fans, sure, other NHL Cup contenders, absolutely, they'll be laughing their ***** of at the Hawks and dismiss them as a top contender if they don't make the move, but here...we're all Hawks fans, we want to see them win the Cup.

What season did Bowman go out and do nothing? I'll hang up and listen for your answer

RomersWorld*

What other teams are doing it? The Penguins? So far that is the only team I see "doing it". You are completely overreacting to ONE TEAM going out and making 3 trades. No other teams have done anything yet. The trade deadline isn't today! Stop fooling yourself into thinking the world is over because the Penguins have gone out and made a couple trades. The Hawks can still make moves, the other NHL teams can still make moves. The Penguins trading for Iginla doesn't mean they are now awarded the Stanley Cup and no other teams may trade ever again.

I don't ever remember anyone being this dramatic when a couple trades happen before the deadline. They happen all the time. And still, the deadline comes and goes and teams make trades with each other. I don't understand how anyone could freak out because one team made 3 trades for players the Hawks have no interest in. Seriously, all 3 players are terrible fits for Chicago. So why are we having a tantrum again? Because the trade deadline is now over? No, it isn't? Hmmm....I'm not quite sure what we are whining about then. Oh because the GM needs to trade for something NOW NOW NOW. Mommy, I WANT IT NOW.

I prefer to just sit back and see what happens. I trust that Stan will get a move or two done to improve our chances. We are still IMO the best team in the West and that is really all that matters right now. It is impossible to compare two conferences that don't even play until the last series of year. So far no Western Conference teams have done anything just like ours...so why don't we wait and see what happens? After the trade deadline if no moves were made I could see some complaints.

GGGHawks18

Dec 16, 2011
what other teams are doing it? The penguins? So far that is the only team i see "doing it". You are completely overreacting to one team going out and making 3 trades. No other teams have done anything yet. The trade deadline isn't today! Stop fooling yourself into thinking the world is over because the penguins have gone out and made a couple trades. The hawks can still make moves, the other nhl teams can still make moves. The penguins trading for iginla doesn't mean they are now awarded the stanley cup and no other teams may trade ever again.

I don't ever remember anyone being this dramatic when a couple trades happen before the deadline. They happen all the time. And still, the deadline comes and goes and teams make trades with each other. I don't understand how anyone could freak out because one team made 3 trades for players the hawks have no interest in. Seriously, all 3 players are terrible fits for chicago. So why are we having a tantrum again? Because the trade deadline is now over? No, it isn't? Hmmm....i'm not quite sure what we are whining about then. Oh because the gm needs to trade for something now now now. Mommy, i want it now.

I prefer to just sit back and see what happens. I trust that stan will get a move or two done to improve our chances. We are still imo the best team in the west and that is really all that matters right now. It is impossible to compare two conferences that don't even play until the last series of year. So far no western conference teams have done anything just like ours...so why don't we wait and see what happens? After the trade deadline if no moves were made i could see some complaints.

this +10000000

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
I had said the highest I would go with Iginla is McNeill and a 1st. It appears Pittsburgh got him for even less than that. Truly surprising. Hopefully Stan has a trick up his sleeve. They're not going to have many better chances than this year. He needs to go for it if something out there can improve the team.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
I had said the highest I would go with Iginla is McNeill and a 1st. It appears Pittsburgh got him for even less than that. Truly surprising. Hopefully Stan has a trick up his sleeve. They're not going to have many better chances than this year. He needs to go for it if something out there can improve the team.

To be fair, Boston offered a better package than that and he choose Pit.

RomersWorld*

Exactly. We didn't really miss an opportunity here.

The Flames wanted to deal him to Boston, he went to Pittsburgh. That tells me Iginla was the one who ultimately decided where he went.

Iginla narrowed it down to the Kings, Penguins, and Bruins. So we didn't even make his 3 team list. Now factor in that he didn't even go to the Bruins...one of the teams on his list. Instead he went for a lesser deal to the Penguins. He controlled his destiny...the Hawks had no chance. It looks to me like the Penguins are the only team who stood a chance at all.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
To be fair, Boston offered a better package than that and he choose Pit.

Yeah and the Boston offer (as it was reported anyway) looks above and beyond what I would have wanted the Hawks to pay.

I'm not bashing Stan for this. Who knows what was tried, offered or spoke about.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
What other teams are doing it? The Penguins? So far that is the only team I see "doing it". You are completely overreacting to ONE TEAM going out and making 3 trades. No other teams have done anything yet. The trade deadline isn't today! Stop fooling yourself into thinking the world is over because the Penguins have gone out and made a couple trades. The Hawks can still make moves, the other NHL teams can still make moves. The Penguins trading for Iginla doesn't mean they are now awarded the Stanley Cup and no other teams may trade ever again.

I don't ever remember anyone being this dramatic when a couple trades happen before the deadline. They happen all the time. And still, the deadline comes and goes and teams make trades with each other. I don't understand how anyone could freak out because one team made 3 trades for players the Hawks have no interest in. Seriously, all 3 players are terrible fits for Chicago. So why are we having a tantrum again? Because the trade deadline is now over? No, it isn't? Hmmm....I'm not quite sure what we are whining about then. Oh because the GM needs to trade for something NOW NOW NOW. Mommy, I WANT IT NOW.

I prefer to just sit back and see what happens. I trust that Stan will get a move or two done to improve our chances. We are still IMO the best team in the West and that is really all that matters right now. It is impossible to compare two conferences that don't even play until the last series of year. So far no Western Conference teams have done anything just like ours...so why don't we wait and see what happens? After the trade deadline if no moves were made I could see some complaints.

Fair point on waiting until after the TD, I suppose anything is possible. Nevertheless, I apologize because there isn't even a reason to care anymore. It is what it is. I'll just root for the players and players only like the dark ages and hope for the best but temper expectations.

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland

He won't do anything significant, if at all.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
He won't do anything significant, if at all.

This, a million times this. Personally, I'm done caring. You can't care so much about something when the person in control doesn't give a **** or is too stupid to know what to do. Stan will do nothing, some will be happy, some will be mad, some will just let it glaze over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad