Speculation: Jarome Iginla

Status
Not open for further replies.

BEL4SEPICMULLET

Oct 5, 2010
Chicago, IL
He would have been a luxury on our roster. If we add a Winger, what I don't think makes sense, it will be Clowe. Latest reports have us not being interested in him.

Bowman will make a move, just not sure what he's going to do.

I didn't/don't think Clowe is a possibility, I was responding to the post above mine joking that Boston will acquire Clowe to give Iginla a beat down. I doubt DW and SB talk much after the Hammer offer sheet, and if he gets traded it will probably be to an eastern conference team.
I can't believe he hasn't scored yet this year...even Gomez has scored...haha.

RFIP

I LOVE CRAWFORD!
Mar 6, 2011
Well now Jarome Iginla is a Penguin now, i'm not happy at all about it, but i have see him rest of the season on my TV AHH!

Along side Sid and Malkin he will be very good. Just another move by a motivated GM (Shero) to win another cup...<sigh> the Pens are massive favorites at this point. My hat's off to them. Oh well.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Speculation has it that Iginla will play on Crosby’s line. I can see a new lease on life for him if signs with them over the summer. If they weren’t already, the Pens in 3 moves became big favourites to win the cup by adding GRIT with some skill to their lineup (and did it before things got silly at the last moment). They gave away a lot to get there, but hats off to them for taking the shot. This is the reality of salary cap hockey, and to his credit Dale Tallon was one of the pioneers. There are big risks involved, including a GM losing his job, but it beats playing it safe and forever waiting until next season. Hawks and Stan are in serious risk of being a big player in that “wait until next year” category…. But he’ll likely keep his job.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
Went from making the worst trade of the year to making the worst trade of the decade.

They effectively traded their best player for a bag of pucks.

THey traded 3 weeks of (arguably) their best player.

Apples and oranges.

They got what they could for a quickly depreciating asset.

And a first round pick is a bag of pucks now?

(sigh)

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Stan missed the boat big time on this one. Fire that *******, I'm so sick of his incompetence.

Sir Psycho T

More Cowbell!
Oct 1, 2008
Redwood City, CA
THey traded 3 weeks of (arguably) their best player.

Apples and oranges.

They got what they could for a quickly depreciating asset.

And a first round pick is a bag of pucks now?

(sigh)

A late and possibly last first round pick for a HOF? Yeah that not's getting value for your player. But it's the Flames own fault. Should have happened years ago. When they could have gotten a real return for Iginla and others.

Sir Psycho T

More Cowbell!
Oct 1, 2008
Redwood City, CA
Stan missed the boat big time on this one. Fire that *******, I'm so sick of his incompetence.

Not getting Ribero is worse then not getting Iggy, the Hawks have Kane and Hossa at top 6 RW so where does Iggy play LW? So the Hawks give up a 1st round pick and prospects for an aging player having a bad year to play out of position that they can't and don't need to resign?

It would have been a bad move. Yes the Hawks can improve but a W is the last thing they need. I would they rather get a C, D or even a G before yet another W.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Not getting Ribero is worse then not getting Iggy, the Hawks have Kane and Hossa at top 6 RW so where does Iggy play LW? So the Hawks give up a 1st round pick and prospects for an aging player having a bad year to play out of position that they can't and don't need to resign?

I agree completely. Ribeiro is the guy that fits here best. But what the christ, get it the **** done.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Coldsteel....Are you honestly bashing bowman right now? UNBELIEVABLE. You just have no clue.

Emery 12-0-0

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
TSNBobMcKenzie
Bottom line, as was the case with Brenden Morrow, Jarome Iginla is a Pittsburgh Penguin today because PIT is where he wanted to go.

TSNBobMcKenzie
Doesn't matter now, but CGY preferred deal was with BOS. The 2 teams agreed on components but w/o critical 3rd element - player approval.

Real_ESPNLeBrun
Iginla's final list had these 3 teams: LA, Boston and Pittsburgh. Kings never felt like they got very far down the path.

Yeah Stan, way to fail.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Stan doesn't do anything. He's ****ing dead weight, an anchor to the organization and the great season everyone is having but him. This time, he has no scapegoat.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
You guys are really going to happily sit here through this whole deadline while Stan does nothing and everyone else gets better...and call it ice cream, smiling your ***** off about what exactly? And defending that useless sack of **** of all people? Why?

attachment.php

Attachments

• Heavensgatelogo.jpg
    Heavensgatelogo.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 25

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
you realize that the blackhawks have the best record in the league and have just as much chance to win the cup as the penguins.

your hate from emery went straight to bowman. and its just so blarringly obvious you just have no clue what you are talking about.

Just unbelievable. AND YOU STILL OWE ME MONEY FROM THE EMERY BET THAT YOU WERE SOOOOO WRONG ABOUT

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
A late and possibly last first round pick for a HOF? Yeah that not's getting value for your player. /QUOTE]

Why is it relevant that he will make the HOF? What would you give up for Stan Mikita today?

3 weeks of Iggy, what's that worth, when he would only approve a trade to one team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad