Latest speculation according to the NHL Network:

To Calgary
2013 1st Round Draft Pick
Khokhlachev
Bartkowski

To Boston
Iginla

Sounds equivalent to...

1st + Morin + Beach to me. Then again that's to an Eastern team though. Who knows what nonsense Feaster would have wanted from Chicago

LandofLincoln*

Sounds equivalent to...

1st + Morin + Beach to me. Then again that's to an Eastern team though. Who knows what nonsense Feaster would have wanted from Chicago

Bartkowki is not really anything. Morin is probably equal to the Russian kid.
Beach will make the NHL so fairly close in your estimate. I think if we threw Lalonde into the deal instead of Beach that would be equal.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
What makes that awful trade even funnier is that in Calgary this IS the story. It'd be like the Bulls sending Jordan off on his last year with the team for a low 1st and some scrubs. Calgary fans are flipping out.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Oh God... the celebratory topic about Iginla on the Bruins board went from a parade to a vicious car wreck in the span of a page.....

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
The Penguins aren't ****in around. First Morrow, and now Iginla. There were offers from 3 teams. I'm thinking Pitt, Boston, and Chicago. I like Iginla's game a lot, but I'm glad he's not a Hawk. There are bigger needs

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Went from making the worst trade of the year to making the worst trade of the decade.

They effectively traded their best player for a bag of pucks.

sketch22

Jul 18, 2011
Went from making the worst trade of the year to making the worst trade of the decade.

They effectively traded their best player for a bag of pucks.

The press conference made it sound like Iggy was driving the bus the entire time. Apparently Iggy picked Pitt over Boston. It is kind of hard to blame the GM when the player has a NMC and is severely limiting his options.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
He would have been a luxury on our roster. If we add a Winger, what I don't think makes sense, it will be Clowe. Latest reports have us not being interested in him.

Bowman will make a move, just not sure what he's going to do.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Apparently Jarome is like many modern professional athletes who feels entitled to a Cup ring and has chosen the path of least resistance. Congrats to him I guess. I personally view deadline rentals winning the cup as a bit hallow.

CS85

Tell 'em, Mean Gene!
Jun 27, 2011
Champaign, IL
www.bearsfansonline.com
rymJtQS.jpg

IGINLA: "As far as I'm concerned, all this crap in the rink represents these fans out here! For 17 years, brother, for 17 years I held my head high! I did everything for the NHL! I did everything for Calgary! And the reception I got when I came out here to Boston, you fans can STICK IT, brother, because if it wasn't for Jerome Iginla, you people wouldn't be here! If it wasn't for Jerome Iginla, Gary Bettman would be giving rimjobs back in Queens!

MEAN GENE: You have made the wrong decision in my opinion!

IGINLA: "Well lemme tell you something - I made the Flames organization a monster! I made people rich up there! I made the people that ran the organization rich up in Calgary, brother! And when it all came to pass, the name Jerome Iginla, the man Jerome Iginla got bigger than the whole organization, brother!

And as far as Peter Chiarelli, the Bruins, and the whole city of Boston goes, I'm bored, brother!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad