Player Discussion Jared Spurgeon

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
If he thinks he's worth $7M+ then just trade him now.
He's putting up borderline elite numbers this year. 17th in points, 4th in goals by a defenseman. 22 defenseman make more than $6,000,000. I definitely see him making at least $6,000,000.

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
He’s 30 or soon to be making 5.1 a year right now. He’s putting up big #s and playing great 200 ft, a career year.

Do you think he’s really going to take a pay cut?

He’ll be offered at minimum same contract as Dumba but most likely will get more on open market.

He deserves it

Reactions: Dee Oh Cee

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Again, I want to know what the plan is for the ED. Are we keeping Spurgeon, Suter, and Dumba, and letting Brodin go, hoping to re-sign him as a UFA? Or trading Spurgeon for as much as we can get?

Personally, I would wait till next year to sign Spurgeon, if indeed we are going to. To bad Johannson looks so unlikely to be a top4 RHD anytime soon, but again, next year might make a lot things clearer. FJo can have a great summer, get promoted and start kicking ass in the SHL, and Spurgeon might get injured, or start looking less fantastic. Unlikely, but possible.

Spurgeon might well be our best player.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Again, I want to know what the plan is for the ED. Are we keeping Spurgeon, Suter, and Dumba, and letting Brodin go, hoping to re-sign him as a UFA? Or trading Spurgeon for as much as we can get?

Personally, I would wait till next year to sign Spurgeon, if indeed we are going to. To bad Johannson looks so unlikely to be a top4 RHD anytime soon, but again, next year might make a lot things clearer. FJo can have a great summer, get promoted and start kicking ass in the SHL, and Spurgeon might get injured, or start looking less fantastic. Unlikely, but possible.

Spurgeon might well be our best player.
A lot can change, but in my mind the default would be to protect Suter, Dumba and Spurgeon and expose Brodin. I think trading either Brodin or Spurgeon should be on the table, but if we're just doing it to avoid expansion trouble we'd need expansion-exempt assets coming back. Trading either of those guys for futures and still having to lose a player doesn't seem likely to work in our favor. At some point we just have to take our medicine and that might well involve losing Brodin.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
There is no way they can afford to let Spurgeon go, especially when compared to Brodin. He does what is effectively the combined play of Dumba/Brodin in terms of offensive production + defensive shutdown + any special teams facet.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
At this point, Spurgeon is our best defensemen. If we're not "rebuilding" then we have no business of trading him rn.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Completely disagree with you. How many times did Spurgeon save Suter tonight?

If we don’t resign him I’m gonna lose it.
You can't honestly think that Spurgeon was better than Suter tonight? I get the Spurgeon circle jerk is in full effect right now, but you do understand that it was a Spurgeon turnover that gave the Avs the game winner?

nt3005

Jan 12, 2015
Dakota Territory
You can't honestly think that Spurgeon was better than Suter tonight? I get the Spurgeon circle jerk is in full effect right now, but you do understand that it was a Spurgeon turnover that gave the Avs the game winner?

How many 2 on 1’s was Spurgeon back on to make up for bad Suter pinches or turnovers?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad