Value of: Jared Spurgeon

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Add as in an expiring contract or something to make the cap work.

The cap difference is like 700k. We’re not taking any salary back unless you give us incentive to.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
We don't really have any contracts like that. I also can't imagine wanting Zaitsev at $4.5m for 5 more years.
$4.5 with the cap going up the next few years is nothing for a 4D.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
The cap difference is like 700k. We’re not taking any salary back unless you give us incentive to.
I'd move a second + a decent prospect? What would it take in your eyes?

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I could see Kapanen+Liljegren if the Fenton has a high opinion of Liljegren and thinks he can be a top 4 dman soon.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
The real question you have to ask yourself before you trade anyone is : Does Ryan Suter like him? Because if he does--and we know he loves him some Spurge--it's not going to happen unless you trade him for someone that Ryan Suter likes enough to put up with having to play defense with Dumba.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
The real question you have to ask yourself before you trade anyone is : Does Ryan Suter like him? Because if he does--and we know he loves him some Spurge--it's not going to happen unless you trade him for someone that Ryan Suter likes enough to put up with having to play defense with Dumba.
Who cares what he thinks.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
Pretty sure the guy writing the checks would accept a trade that makes the team better up front. The rest can get bent.

He would accept a trade that he (or Suter) thought would make the team better up front. That's my point--Suter has input. He shouldn't, but he does. Large amounts. It's not just a conspiracy.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
He would accept a trade that he (or Suter) thought would make the team better up front. That's my point--Suter has input. He shouldn't, but he does. Large amounts. It's not just a conspiracy.
Where’s the proof Suter has input?

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
Regardless, i can see why fans wouldn't be totally stoked to trade us awesome things for Spurgeon but it wouldn't make sense for us to ditch any of our top four unless things really go south. Change of scenery trades are more intriguing for me swapping some underperformers, maybe. I'm a huge believer in the power of Brodin but right now there's no doubt we'd miss Spurgeon more. We have to re-sign him a in a bit, too, and with Brodin gone in a trade Spurge can/will squeeze more money out with that leverage gone as well.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
what about Mikael's older and better brother?

Granlunds will win art rosses and harts like the sedins

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad