Value of: Jared Spurgeon

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Anyone else waiting to see if/when the Flyers and Wild make a deal?

i say that with interest in some Wild pieces. Including Spurgeon.
It's been on my mind, but I have no idea what sort of fit there would be. Fletcher's always been a big Spurgeon supporter so it wouldn't shock me to see him make an offer if he was available. Nino as well. I worry that we'd be selling very low on him and Fletcher may recognize that. He has before.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
It's been on my mind, but I have no idea what sort of fit there would be. Fletcher's always been a big Spurgeon supporter so it wouldn't shock me to see him make an offer if he was available. Nino as well. I worry that we'd be selling very low on him and Fletcher may recognize that. He has before.

This was kind of what I was hoping for... Spurg / Nino for xxx / xxx. But I'm not sure what the cost would be or even if I would want to pay it from the Flyers standpoint.

you would assume fletcher wants some of his draft picks from minnesota. i can see coyle and nino on his radar.

Wouldn't shock me in the slightest.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
This was kind of what I was hoping for... Spurg / Nino for xxx / xxx. But I'm not sure what the cost would be or even if I would want to pay it from the Flyers standpoint

What is Patrick's status to Flyer fans? In other words, how ballistic would the fanbase go if one of Fletcher's first moves was to deal him away? Not specifically asking in relation to the Spurgeon/Nino deal that you mentioned, just more in a general sense.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
What is Patrick's status to Flyer fans? In other words, how ballistic would the fanbase go if one of Fletcher's first moves was to deal him away? Not specifically asking in relation to the Spurgeon/Nino deal that you mentioned, just more in a general sense.

I’m personally torn on Patrick.

But I feel most of the fan base wants to stay patient on him and get Hakstol away from this team. Which means, I’m pretty positive they’d be going to the front office and calling for his head.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Does Konecny actually play any center?

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
They do and the Wild will rebuild eventually, but it's premature right now. Fates shift too quickly and chaotically in the NHL for me to want them to tear down a playoff team. A year like St Louis is having right now will come eventually, though ideally we'd hang onto our 1st that year.
Ouch.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Spurgeon+small add for Kadri seems fair.

Not sure that I’d add to Spurgeon, even something small. 23 goal, 46ish point pace so far this season, and I rather doubt he’s really going to be the 30 goal, 55-60 point forward he was the last two seasons. If he’s only a 45-50 point C for another three seasons is that going to be much of an upgrade over Koivu/Staal if they’re here?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Not sure that I’d add to Spurgeon, even something small. 23 goal, 46ish point pace so far this season, and I rather doubt he’s really going to be the 30 goal, 55-60 point forward he was the last two seasons. If he’s only a 45-50 point C for another three seasons is that going to be much of an upgrade over Koivu/Staal if they’re here?
I'm not all that familiar with his usage, but it seems likely that adding Tavares affected the quality of Kadri's linemates between the last two years and this one.

Not that I'd want to add a lot on top of Spurgeon either, but I think he'd be more like a 50-60 point 2C for us.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
No interest in trading Spurgeon for Kadri, let alone adding. It seems that Spurgeon is not as well regarded as some Wild fans might've thought, so I strongly suggest that MN simply keep him. He's a wonderful player...what's the hurry to trade him?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
No interest in trading Spurgeon for Kadri, let alone adding. It seems that Spurgeon is not as well regarded as some Wild fans might've thought, so I strongly suggest that MN simply keep him. He's a wonderful player...what's the hurry to trade him?
There's no hurry, but the idea that we're going to extend him for $7m+ and keep all of Suter, Spurgeon, Dumba and Brodin indefinitely doesn't seem realistic. At the very least the expansion draft will prevent it; it's quite a ways off, but Vegas was quite a way off as well... until it wasn't.

Not that Spurgeon for Kadri is an ideal trade for either side, but it's the sort of thing Minnesota should be thinking about.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Spurgeon + small add for Kadri + Zaitsev?

As much as we’d need a replacement RD, we certainly wouldn’t add to Spurgeon for Kadri and have to take your cap dump as well.

Reactions: 2Pair

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
There's no hurry, but the idea that we're going to extend him for $7m+ and keep all of Suter, Spurgeon, Dumba and Brodin indefinitely doesn't seem realistic. At the very least the expansion draft will prevent it; it's quite a ways off, but Vegas was quite a way off as well... until it wasn't.

Not that Spurgeon for Kadri is an ideal trade for either side, but it's the sort of thing Minnesota should be thinking about.

I don’t see Spurgeon getting 7M+ when Dumba just got 6M. I know Dumba is an RFA, but market wise, he’s worth more money. I think Spurgeon gets around the same cap hit, maybe 6.5.

I agree that, even at 6, we can’t and shouldn’t afford to keep him though.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I don’t see Spurgeon getting 7M+ when Dumba just got 6M. I know Dumba is an RFA, but market wise, he’s worth more money. I think Spurgeon gets around the same cap hit, maybe 6.5.

I agree that, even at 6, we can’t and shouldn’t afford to keep him though.
It's hard to say, especially with the cap going up by $3m this year and changing by who-knows-how-much next year. The number of good-to-high-quality RD that might be available that summer is surprisingly high as well. Spurgeon, Barrie, Faulk, Schultz, Vatanen, Tanev... even Pietrangelo doesn't seem as absurd as he would have 3 months ago. Obviously only a few will actually make it that far, but there are a few names that I could see being traded as a rental and eventually going to UFA.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
As much as we’d need a replacement RD, we certainly wouldn’t add to Spurgeon for Kadri and have to take your cap dump as well.
Add as in an expiring contract or something to make the cap work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad