Value of: Jared Spurgeon to the Leafs at the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
For the sake of doing something other than bickering, let's propose two different scenarios:

A.) Fenton and Spurgeon see eye to eye on an extension and have a handshake agreement on a $6.5m x 5 year deal that'll be signed on July 1st.

B.) Initial contract talks do not go well and Fenton suspects that he'll have to move Spurgeon. He'd like to do this earlier rather than later because he knows trade options after the draft will be more limited.

Let's assume Kyle Dubas is a wizard and knows exactly which of these is true. What would/should he offer in Scenario A? What would/should he offer in Scenario B?

Scenario A is 100% Nylander, and it's up to us to decide if we want to take the chance that last year isn't his new normal.

Scenario B is a mix and match of Kapanen/Liljegren/conditional 1st/2nd rounder/etc...

Reactions: Bazeek

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Well if people can't have a civil discussion then why come into the thread at all

It’s funny, there are other people in this thread right now trying to have a civil discussion, and you only seem to want to converse with those that don’t. Practice what you preach.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
It’s funny, there are other people in this thread right now trying to have a civil discussion, and you only seem to want to converse with those that don’t. Practice what you preach.
Lol. Troll on AKL......

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
For the sake of doing something other than bickering, let's propose two different scenarios:

A.) Fenton and Spurgeon see eye to eye on an extension and have a handshake agreement on a $6.5m x 5 year deal that'll be signed on July 1st.

B.) Initial contract talks do not go well and Fenton suspects that he'll have to move Spurgeon. He'd like to do this earlier rather than later because he knows trade options after the draft will be more limited.

Let's assume Kyle Dubas is a wizard and knows exactly which of these is true. What would/should he offer in Scenario A? What would/should he offer in Scenario B?
I think if we’re looking at option B which is what I think Leaf fans are thinking about then it would be something like Liljegren and a 1st. It wouldn’t be Nylander.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Lol. Troll on AKL......

I’m serious. If you have any interest whatsoever in having a serious discussion that might actually go somewhere, answer this:

Bazeek is never going to troll or try to demean or belittle you in anyway, so if you really do want to have an actual discussion, answer his question. Otherwise, quit virtue signaling.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
What do you think Spurgeon is worth??
I personally have no interest in trading at this time. We need to focus on moving Zaits>looks like he may actually net a late pick, Marleau>may have to attach a late pick, Brown>get a 3rd that leaves enough room to go way high 11.6 on Marner.prob come in at 10.5, Kap and A.J 5 a piece>prob closer to 4 each. We bring up Rosen, Lilj, Bracco, Mikheyev. Still leaves enough room to sign Hainsey for 1x1 annndd go after Anton Stralman for a 5 a yr deal.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I think if we’re looking at option B which is what I think Leaf fans are thinking about then it would be something like Liljegren and a 1st. It wouldn’t be Nylander.
Minnesota would probably push for Kapanen rather than a defenseman there, though that might depend on what we get for Zucker.

Reactions: Yackiberg8

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
I’m serious. If you have any interest whatsoever in having a serious discussion that might actually go somewhere, answer this:

Bazeek is never going to troll or try to demean or belittle you in anyway, so if you really do want to have an actual discussion, answer his question. Otherwise, quit virtue signaling.
But why bring Matthews into a discussion if your serious about having one? To me that's not trying to have a conversation

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Leafs dont have a 1st so why at the draft? its not like their later picks are that enticing

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Lol. And to you for making mine...

Your point that I don’t care about trying to have a serious discussion? You’re right. These threads are a joke, and you’ve proven why.

You claim you want serious discussion, yet you refuse to engage with anyone other than me, who is clearly not trying to have a serious discussion. I showed you someone you can talk to and a post you could respond to if you wanted to have a serious discussion, and you won’t. You’re no better than I am, you just think you are for some reason. At least I’m not trying to hide my real intentions here.

Reactions: Podgornik and 2Pair

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Your point that I don’t care about trying to have a serious discussion? You’re right. These threads are a joke, and you’ve proven why.

You claim you want serious discussion, yet you refuse to engage with anyone other than me, who is clearly not trying to have a serious discussion. I showed you someone you can talk to and a post you could respond to if you wanted to have a serious discussion, and you won’t. You’re no better than I am, you just think you are for some reason. At least I’m not trying to hide my real intentions here.
Well you've already said Matthews or bust and no to Marner so clearly you have no desire to talk seriously with anyone. What intensions do you think I have here? Lol

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
There you have it. No nylander no deal. We don't care what you're perceived value of spurgeon is at 1 year left. We don't want the d prospect and a pick.

AKL is annoying but he's doing god's work here. Shut this down.
Delete.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
There you have it. No nylander no deal. We don't care what you're perceived value of spurgeon is at 1 year left. We don't want the d prospect and a pick.

Fenton was just on the local radio, mentioning that his main priority is to sign Spurge ASAP. He was effusive in his praise of him both as a player and a person, and said that both sides appear to want to get a deal done.

This echoes what has been said about Spurgeon in the past by Boudreau, who, when he first came to the Wild, said that the thing that surprised him most was how good Spurgeon was.

Bottom line is that he is not FS. If things change, then it would make more sense to have a thread about him. Not now.

Last edited:

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Well you've already said Matthews or bust and no to Marner so clearly you have no desire to talk seriously with anyone. What intensions do you think I have here? Lol
To try and belittle someone about trolling and not taking the discussion seriously when you've only responded to said person..?

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
There you have it. No nylander no deal. We don't care what your perceived value of spurgeon is at 1 year left. We don't want the d prospect and a pick.

Is everything okay in Minnesota? You guys seem to be pretty upset over this discussion.

Seems awfully crazy to expect Nylander for 1 year of Spurgeon. Seems like you have a direct line to Fenton though so maybe you’re right.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Lmao. So you trade another winger if you got Marner. It would cost Spurgeon++ to get a sniff of a Marner deal. He would instantly be Minnesota's best forward AINEC

And Spurgeon would instantly be Toronto's best defenseman.

Is everything okay in Minnesota? You guys seem to be pretty upset over this discussion.

Seems awfully crazy to expect Nylander for 1 year of Spurgeon. Seems like you have a direct line to Fenton though so maybe you’re right.

There's probably been about 20 different threads over the past 2-3 years about Toronto acquiring Spurgeon. It gets old after a while.

Nobody expects Nylander for 1 year of Spurgeon, but the Wild have no reason to value Spurgeon at 1 year when he is likely to re-sign here. So why would we take his 1-year rental value rather than just re-signing him and utilizing his full value, which is a Top 20 defenseman in the league.

Reactions: AKL

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Sorry bro, you don’t seem to be making much sense.

When are you going to respond to scenario A of Bazeek’s post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad