Value of: Jared Spurgeon to the Leafs at the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
We know Toronto is looking for a D man, and Minnesota apears to be open for business with the trades of Granlund and Nino, and Zucker being available Minnesota is clearly reshaping theroster.

Jared Spurgeon i somebody I think has to be on Toronto's list of defensive targets.

Spurgeon has 1 year left on his deal what would he realistically cost

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Until there's some sign that either side doesn't want an extension he's not really available. If a team offered a very good, young top 6 center I think we'd have to consider it, but failing that we can assume he stays put for now.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
The original poster probably didn’t realize you all had a meeting and he wasn’t invited the first time. Maybe he had something to do that day. Like work or something.
Funny, but he's right. This topic has been beaten to death for almost a year now. Until we get some news about Spurgeon's extension there's not much we can do but rehash the same arguments.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Funny, but he's right. This topic has been beaten to death for almost a year now. Until we get some news about Spurgeon's extension there's not much we can do but rehash the same arguments.
I get it. Easiest thing to do is not come into the thread or respond. Just move along. Not everyone comes here in a daily basis.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Ahhh, I see what you’re doing here. Classic.
Nah he isn't wrong. If you sign and trade sure take willy. But aint no one taking the risk of trading for a ufa. Just because his value to you is higher because chances are he signs with you, that doesn't not mean it is transferable to another team he isnt connected to and is taking the risk of re-signing. Hey signed spurgeon? Sure. Unsigned? Pound sand.

IceBoxHockey

Feb 14, 2016
Nah he isn't wrong. If you sign and trade sure take willy. But aint no one taking the risk of trading for a ufa. Just because his value to you is higher because chances are he signs with you, that doesn't not mean it is transferable to another team he isnt connected to and is taking the risk of re-signing. Hey signed spurgeon? Sure. Unsigned? Pound sand.

That’s fine, until we know he isn’t interested in signing long term MN is more than fine keeping him. If something changes then we can restart talks.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
If Spurgeon is moved it's likely to PHI, who has a GM who knows and loves Spurgeon. I also suspect that Spurgeon thinks well of Fletcher, the guy who basically discovered him and made his pro career. Second logical destination would be EDM, as he goes home there in the summer and would be a relatively easy re-sign, but EDM would have to figure out how to make the cap work.

Most Canadians would be happy to re up in TOR, and Spurgeon strikes me as anything but a prima donna, so would probably sign for a reasonable but fair rate for a top 30 RHD, but nothing TOR has to offer moves the needle for me, especially for such a wonderful player as Spurgeon.

Now, if Marner talks bog down, we can talk, but if TOR can't sign him then he is probably going to want to be paid north of 11m... that would give anyone pause.

Reactions: Mancini79

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
That’s fine, until we know he isn’t interested in signing long term MN is more than fine keeping him. If something changes then we can restart talks.
Thats the smart way to do it. Leafs fans not wanting to pay full value for a signed spurgeon are silly and minny fans wanting full value for unsigned spurg are silly. That's all im saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad