Value of: Jared McCann (PIT) and Erik Cernak (TBL) to Anaheim

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
McCann is not signed. He likely costs 3.5.

He has never cracked 40 pts. Silf has done it basically the last four years. McCann has never cracked 20 goals. Silf has done it 4 of the last five.

Silf can play every forward position and has in the NHL.
Then keep him !!!!! Why try and trade for McCann pal?? Pitt doenst need silf...get over it .... again there is more to hockey than goals and points..do you understand this ?? McCann is a natural center..you know middle of the ice ... we are basing this on this year's cap hit because it unknown where it goes... toronto fans offered kapanen or AJ for McCann.. you do realize kapanen has more value right??

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Then keep him !!!!! Why try and trade for McCann pal?? Pitt doenst need silf...get over it .... again there is more to hockey than goals and points..do you understand this ?? McCann is a natural center..you know middle of the ice ... we are basing this on this year's cap hit because it unknown where it goes... toronto fans offered kapanen or AJ for McCann.. you do realize kapanen has more value right??

Not really. You obviously have never watched Silf. And I’m a Penguins fan.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Kapanen and Silf are at worst equal in value. Also Toronto fans over value almost every single one of their players. Using that as your base for value equivalency is flawed from the start. In no way is McCann a better player than Silf.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
There's more than pts. There's defense, and Silf is better there too.

But McCann is well liked in the room.

Classic.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Kapanen and Silf are at worst equal in value. Also Toronto fans over value almost every single one of their players. Using that as your base for value equivalency is flawed from the start. In no way is McCann a better player than Silf.
Again sure he is...younger .check. natural center . Check. Can play any position. Check. Can play with sid. Check. Well liked by coach and teammates. Best seasons still ahead . Check. Zero reason to trade for a older player who has probably peaked. Pens keep McCann.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Again sure he is...younger .check. natural center . Check. Can play any position. Check. Can play with sid. Check. Well liked by coach and teammates. Best seasons still ahead . Check. Zero reason to trade for a older player who has probably peaked. Pens keep McCann.

Have you passed a 5th grade English class? I'm literally getting a headache reading through your gibberish.

We get it. You think he is really valuable. I think most people would disagree. And its a moot point, because I would not trade them 1 for 1 and you wouldn't either.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Cost of Lindholm from NYR?

Another top pairing defensemen with term, plus whatever is going to make it worth it.

He isnt available. If the Ducks move him they will immediately be looking for a guy just like him. The Ducks dont have anyone in the defensive prospects that looks like they even have top pairing potential.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Have you passed a 5th grade English class? I'm literally getting a headache reading through your gibberish.

We get it. You think he is really valuable. I think most people would disagree. And its a moot point, because I would not trade them 1 for 1 and you wouldn't either.
29 year old winger who has already peaked and on the downward slide. He was also a minus player last year at-9.. for a 23 year old center who hanst reached his potential yet...hmm dont think alot would agree with you ... especially ones with sound hockey knowledge... let's all hope GM Rutherford doesnt !! Was slid a htwer player 4 years ago, yes... will he be in 4 years NO.. move along ... kapanen much better proposal pal...

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Literally none of those is any evidence that he’s better than Silf lol.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Wait are you arguing McCann is more important to Pittsburgh than Silf or is your argument McCann is more valuable in general than Silf?

One you may have a point, the other you're literally standing on a hill alone yelling jibberish while people walk by and point and laugh at you.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Wait are you arguing McCann is more important to Pittsburgh than Silf or is your argument McCann is more valuable in general than Silf?

One you may have a point, the other you're literally standing on a hill alone yelling jibberish while people walk by and point and laugh at you.
Your the idiot who seemingly thinks the value is equal ....dont think you actually think the penguins would do this because they not on your level of expertise!!! ..not talking about any other team..just pitt and ducks as you brought up... yes McCann is more valuable to pitt.. NO pitt doesnt trade him straight up...its laughable... give it a rest...I said move along like 6 posts ago and you still wanna play wanna be GM and hope others are simple as you becuause he scored 20 goals !!!!!! Again and again simpleton...PENGUINS DONT TRADE 23 YEAR OLD CENTER MCCANN FOR 29 YEAR OLD WINGER SIlF.....you would not stand a chance talking any penguins brass into this.. terrible move for pitt...worst part is you actually believe this to be fair and true..... ahhahahahahahahahah ... oh boy...

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Your the idiot who seemingly thinks the value is equal ....dont think you actually think the penguins would do this because they not on your level of expertise!!! ..not talking about any other team..just pitt and ducks as you brought up... yes McCann is more valuable to pitt.. NO pitt doesnt trade him straight up...its laughable... give it a rest...I said move along like 6 posts ago and you still wanna play wanna be GM and hope others are simple as you becuause he scored 20 goals !!!!!! Again and again simpleton...PENGUINS DONT TRADE 23 YEAR OLD CENTER MCCANN FOR 29 YEAR OLD WINGER SIlF.....you would not stand a chance talking any penguins brass into this.. terrible move for pitt...worst part is you actually believe this to be fair and true..... ahhahahahahahahahah ... oh boy...
Are you dumb or do you have a reading comprehension issue?

You call me an idiot when basic writing seems to be hard for you. But let me explain this in a way where a simpleton would still struggle but eventually understand.

In you're mind, and by God what a place that must be, because of the current make up of the team, McCann is more valuable to Pittsburgh alone. To Anaheim, Silf would be more valuable since he is a proven commodity (This means, his value is based on actual performance over the course of his career, which for all intents and purposes you expect him to achieve on a new team.).

Now, I will admit, I don't know where Pittsburgh management thinks they are in the big picture as a team. But it seems like winning another cup with Sidney and Malkin is a pretty high priority. Like I said before (again reading comprehension seems hard for you) that if your point is McCann is a better fit for Pittsburgh due to team make up, you have a point. But you said that McCann is more valuable in general than Silf. That isn't true as of right now. It could be later, but there is no team in the league if disregarding team need and team make up, and salary, that would take McCann over Silf.

I know it's hard when a lot of words get thrown at you, and you need to think about it. It gets frustrating and then you start writing words in anger that read like a jumbled mess. But if you misspoke, and forgot to mention that due to team structure and make up that McCann is more valuable to Pittsburgh, then it's ok, we forgive your poorly structured temper tantrums.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Are you dumb or do you have a reading comprehension issue?

You call me an idiot when basic writing seems to be hard for you. But let me explain this in a way where a simpleton would still struggle but eventually understand.

In you're mind, and by God what a place that must be, because of the current make up of the team, McCann is more valuable to Pittsburgh alone. To Anaheim, Silf would be more valuable since he is a proven commodity (This means, his value is based on actual performance over the course of his career, which for all intents and purposes you expect him to achieve on a new team.).

Now, I will admit, I don't know where Pittsburgh management thinks they are in the big picture as a team. But it seems like winning another cup with Sidney and Malkin is a pretty high priority. Like I said before (again reading comprehension seems hard for you) that if your point is McCann is a better fit for Pittsburgh due to team make up, you have a point. But you said that McCann is more valuable in general than Silf. That isn't true as of right now. It could be later, but there is no team in the league if disregarding team need and team make up, and salary, that would take McCann over Silf.

I know it's hard when a lot of words get thrown at you, and you need to think about it. It gets frustrating and then you start writing words in anger that read like a jumbled mess. But if you misspoke, and forgot to mention that due to team structure and make up that McCann is more valuable to Pittsburgh, then it's ok, we forgive your poorly structured temper tantrums.
Sparkles doesnt like when his garbage prospal get rightfully picked apart by more advanced hockey minds....keep your player... we keep ours... you miss playoffs .. we make playoffs ..life is good .....bye sparkles

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Sparkles doesnt like when his garbage prospal get rightfully picked apart by more advanced hockey minds....keep your player... we keep ours... you miss playoffs .. we make playoffs ..life is good .....bye sparkles
I am not even an Anaheim fan. But its ok, you continue to have your temper tantrum and tell everyone the world is flat.

Reactions: Getz2noone

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I thought the way people were describing McCann we were talking Crosby vs silfverberg.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Someone should've stayed in school.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
We good sparkles....sun shining...mccann still a penguin and no one buying what your selling... move along!!!!
1jgrgn.jpg

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
I think Skinner has you beat sparkles!!! Even if he lives at home with his momma ..... no sale.. move along

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Jerkbait living up to the username. And I think half the Pens board would move McCann straight up for Silf tbh.
What about the other half? Pens would not move McCann for silf now... too much age difference and one has already peaked.. your have your opinion and I have mine.. the good thing is we will never see this happen...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad