Jared Cowen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
They may have been working on their backhand passes.

Idk, if guys could just work on their passing for ~3 weeks and see that kind of improvement everyone would look like Crosby out there. I fully expect to discover Cowen and Gryba are actually cyborgs and just got firmware and hardware upgrades.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
He looks great paired with Ceci. I think it's a much better fit than Karlsson since Ceci is good at slowing down the pace of play and making safe passes. It's exciting to think we may have found our second pairing.

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Ceci
Phillips - Gryba

I appreciate Phillips' rebound year but Boro in playoffs would be ten times more dynamic for this team.

Boro-Gryba have been terrific together. Boro holding his own very nicely past 2 games with Karlsson as well.

I gotta say, I hope Phillips somehow becomes off the team or 7th defender for 50% of the season. Claesson should be able to surpass him next year too.

I don't wanna see Phillips vs Leafs.

lafite

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
not sure if this is a Phillips bashing thread or a Cowen thread, but I'll go with Cowen. One thing that he does that nobody else on our D does is knock guys on their ***** deep in the defensive zone. Not crushing checks or anything, just pushes them down. It is hard to score when on your ass behind the other guys' net. Also, apart from what everybody here seems to be saying, I think his pinching in the offensive zone should be encouraged. He should maybe pick his spots with more care, and just like the forwards have to do with Karlsson, they have to cover the points when he does go in.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Im perfectly happen with Cowen-Ceci as the 2nd pair. Even if Cowen cant maintain last nights game level.

BigBush*

Im perfectly happen with Cowen-Ceci as the 2nd pair. Even if Cowen cant maintain last nights game level.

That would make me a little nervous. Cowen's been playing great, lots of physicality and offensive upside.
He still looks a little lost out there at times and his decision making is slow. He's still so young and has all the tools to become a solid second pairing dman

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
That would make me a little nervous. Cowen's been playing great, lots of physicality and offensive upside.
He still looks a little lost out there at times and his decision making is slow. He's still so young and has all the tools to become a solid second pairing dman

How nervous were you 3 weeks ago? Jason Smith seems to be doing some good work with the D. Him and Luke R. have been a great addition to the coaching staff and to players' development(mostly defensemans) .

Last edited:

BigBush*

How nervous were you 3 weeks ago? Jason Smith seems to be doing some good work with the D. Him and Like R. have been a great addition to the coaching staff and to the players' development(mostly defensemans) .

oh i was beyond nervous 3 weeks ago, and was quickly loosing faith in Cowen
its been night and day since hes been back.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Is Cowen likely an everyday player for the Sens from here on out? Asking for selfish reasons as I could use his monster hit totals in a deep fantasy hockey league.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
***** gonna be real interesting once Methot comes back since, Cowen has cemented himself a spot, Methot is worthy of spot, and Phillips has been given a spot. likely boro heading out.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Yip. Probably better than Phillips. But we know how this story ends.

Phillips had been fantastic this year.

Sick of the anti-Phillips BS. He has shown he is no scratch or 6/7 D this season so far.

Honestly if Methot returns and Phillips, Boro and Cowen are doing as well as they have... Methot better start hot or he might sit.

Right now... We don't even really need Methot.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa

Sick of the anti-Phillips BS. He has shown he is no scratch or 6/7 D this season so far.

Honestly if Methot returns and Phillips, Boro and Cowen are doing as well as they have... Methot better start hot or he might sit.

compared to last year, he is playing like a generational talent

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
***** gonna be real interesting once Methot comes back since, Cowen has cemented himself a spot, Methot is worthy of spot, and Phillips has been given a spot. likely boro heading out.

Boro has been more steady than both Cowen and Phillips.

Boro has been better than Phillips. No way do I move out Boro for Philllips. Did you guys see his brutal effort on Leafs 3rd goal? He also takes years to move the puck.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Always nice to have an extra D on the roster.

Really liking the "new" Cowen. Whatever the guys are doing with him at practice, in the gym/training room or whatever - keep it up!

harvey

Jun 5, 2006
Ottawa
remember that cowen is coming off a nasty injury and having had one as bad, i know that it is not so easy to go back to being normal...

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Always nice to have an extra D on the roster.

Really liking the "new" Cowen. Whatever the guys are doing with him at practice, in the gym/training room or whatever - keep it up!

The Cowen you are seeing now is the the one that always existed. Sometimes injuries creates a facade that takes a while to tear down

Othello*

There's no doubt that Phillips is playing better then last year, however I wouldn't say he's been fantastic. With that said Boro is playing great and deserves a spot ahead of him

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa

I think keeping Cowen with Ceci is key. Ceci compensates for Cowen's weaknesses and will allow him to continue to build confidence.

The thing that has been fairly astounding to me in the past couple games is that Cowen seems to have dramatically improved his hand-eye coordination and puck skills. After looking like a guy with complete cement hands for the last 13 months... suddenly, his hands looked pretty good.

beaniewong

Oct 6, 2013
I believe his resurgence is due to his skating. Over the past couple of games he's the fastest and most agile I've ever seen him.

Couple that with his brutality in the corners, and how he literally takes his left arm and just shoves guys to the ice, and he's coming along nicely.

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009

I doubt Borocop is going anywhere. He has been great for the team and offers something that no one else brings to the table.

Unfortunately I think Methot being traded is a more likely scenario

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad