Jared Cowen Part II | Maybe he doesn't suck?? (edit: maybe he does)

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Are there any young defencemen who are picked high, benched and still develop late to be decent players?

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
The fact that Boro is playing through a upper body injury or at least is in some discomfort and Cameron is still choosing Boro over Cowen blows my mind.

I mean I love Boro but he was just a low tier junior player who worked his ass off to get here well Cowen was a over developed junior stud who at 16 was the strongest player on his team.

I mean besides Boro's mentality what is he better at then Cowen. Cowen should be better at everything.

New theory based on the stat you showed. Hammond hasnt actually been better during this stretch then lehner or anderson.... he just hasnt been exposed to Cowen like the other goalies:sarcasm:

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I think Cowen will be traded this summer and we will eventually regret it, once Cowen finds his NHL comfort zone (which he showed from time to time). Hopefully he will be part of a package for another key player.

Probably not! Although I'm still not sold on him being worse than Gryba. Pick your poison I guess.

Gryba plays over Cowen because he is RD

Look at the names in that list... They aren't considered terrible... Well I don't spend a lot of time on HF anymore but I'm sure most of those guys aren't... And let's not dismiss SV %. What is terrible is Phaneuf GA60 despite his SV% received

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I think Cowen will be traded this summer and we will eventually regret it, once Cowen finds his NHL comfort zone (which he showed from time to time). Hopefully he will be part of a package for another key player.

Gryba plays over Cowen because he is RD

Look at the names in that list... They aren't considered terrible... Well I don't spend a lot of time on HF anymore but I'm sure most of those guys aren't... And let's not dismiss SV %. What is terrible is Phaneuf GA60 despite his SV% received

Low save percentage would correlate with high quality scoring chances given up no?

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Cowen will be a beast for another team somewhere down the road. Can't win 'em all. At least most of the guys we've been developing so far have turned out nicely.

arglebargle

Feb 27, 2008
Honestly I'd take a mid round pick for Cowen at this point. I don't think I've ever seen an NHL player who was this bad given such a long leash. Had they gotten Cowen in the 3rd round he probably wouldn't have been given anywhere near this much time.

Xamar*

Honestly I'd take a mid round pick for Cowen at this point. I don't think I've ever seen an NHL player who was this bad given such a long leash. Had they gotten Cowen in the 3rd round he probably wouldn't have been given anywhere near this much time.

i wish we drafted kadri over him. Screw you Burke

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad