Confirmed with Link: Jared Bednar new Avs coach

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Like what Bednar's been doing so far.

I had Culvers. It was "eh"...

Way to keep in on topic! :yo:

Agree... I'm pretty okay with what Bednar is doing so far. Not perfect, but the gripes are minor so far.

What did you have there? That makes all the difference. Cheddar ButterBurger is the go to. And yes there is a ton of grease, but this is a Wisconsin chain... grease and cheese is what they do.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Way to keep in on topic! :yo:

Agree... I'm pretty okay with what Bednar is doing so far. Not perfect, but the gripes are minor so far.

What did you have there? That makes all the difference. Cheddar ButterBurger is the go to. And yes there is a ton of grease, but this is a Wisconsin chain... grease and cheese is what they do.

What would be your gripes?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Cheese curds are amazing!

Fixed

What would be your gripes?

Trying an all center line when Mitchell is hurt and there isn't really any decent center for the 3rd and 4th lines. A bit more dump and chase than I like (might be a product of the roster). Colborne being tried on the PP (IMO he shouldn't touch it). Minor stuff so far... we will see in a couple weeks what he is doing.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Trying an all center line when Mitchell is hurt and there isn't really any decent center for the 3rd and 4th lines. A bit more dump and chase than I like (might be a product of the roster). Colborne being tried on the PP (IMO he shouldn't touch it). Minor stuff so far... we will see in a couple weeks what he is doing.

Those are things to try in the preseason, though.
Let's see if he does them in regular season before we count it against him.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I'm not holding anything against Bednar right now... we will see in the regular season if these things hold up. Even if they do, there is always something to complain about with coaching. Even Babcock has his faults.

Now I want cheese curds... maybe in some poutine...

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I'm not holding anything against Bednar right now... we will see in the regular season if these things hold up. Even if they do, there is always something to complain about with coaching. Even Babcock has his faults.

Now I want cheese curds... maybe in some poutine...

The Duck Poutine at Euclid Hall is excellent. Close to the Pepsi Center, too.

Poll on when the Fire Bednar thread will be created?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The Duck Poutine at Euclid Hall is excellent. Close to the Pepsi Center, too.

Yeah that place is pretty solid, especially for the area. Bit of a drive for me... though I do need to make a trip to Ikea... :naughty:

The fire Bednar poll will be up by midseason...

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
yesterday i made a meatball sub, but instead of using mozzarella cheese, i used deep fried cheese curds. it was not disappointing. It was less disappointing than the Avs preseason!

Then it must've been pretty damned good since the Avs didn't lost a game.

If he's adept at scoring garbage goals in front of the net then he absolutely should be on the power play. Avs are still ridiculously bad in that department.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
If he's adept at scoring garbage goals in front of the net then he absolutely should be on the power play. Avs are still ridiculously bad in that department.

I've been saying it for a while... he is just an absurdly bad PP player. People will soon agree when we get into games and see him in action there all the time.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
If he's a net front guy isn't that what we need or does he just fail to pull the trigger or something?

He gets too cute with the puck and tries to make plays, isn't real adept at quickly firing the puck, and isn't a good battler.

Colborne is a fine 5v5 player and can be productive in that role, even if a bit frustrating. On the PP he is just a maddening player who does nearly everything wrong... the tools are all there for him to be a great player on the PP. At 26... nearly 27 it isn't likely to develop out of thin air. He is who he is.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Well then he's no different than the players currently on the PP

So...

giphy.gif

Seriously though, people will hate Colborne on the PP by the 10th game.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Just sayin', there are far worse problems on the power play than the presence of Joe Colborne.

Just sayin... Colborne will make it worse. I wouldn't put him in the top 8 or 9 of PP forwards on the team. I'd have Comeau skate out there before Colborne.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad