Post-Game Talk: |January 5|Pens vs Blues win|Dr eRodlove or: How I learned to stop worrying and love the team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I'm betting any of the no names in WBS would be better than D smith

Don't trades assets when you don't have to .
Hextall and Sully won’t play a minor league goalie over CDS though…We won’t ever find out if anyone else internally is a better option, so we will have to acquire someone.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
f***ing DeSmith is reminding me of Ken Wreggett. Seriously needs to find his game ASAP or Hex needs to find us a goalie
I think the whole let him find his game ship sailed away long ago. Do you trust this idiot to bail out Jarry?

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
Jarry being a vezina candidate is a legit thrill for me considering how much I went to bat for him here after last season. Just so happy to see him realize his potential.

+ Rust
+ Jake
+ Godrigues
+ Brockstar
+ Old man Sid
++++++++++ Jarry

- CDS

what about when you said you were happy about ZAR getting hurt?

You’re deplorable in the batters box.

EVGENIMERLIN

Jun 29, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Zucker feels like Perron 2.0. Not terrible and giving effort but just not clicking or producing impact plays. Would love to move him for an expiring contract change of scenery like Max Domi.
I can see that and like Perron would probably be more successful elsewhere.

I think to a degree Zucker is in an unwinnable position; He knows he hasn't worked out and we paid a lot for him, so he tries hard, and when it still doesn't work out he tries harder to fix it, but then he gets in his head and it doesn't work out still so it spirals

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
First game I went to was when the Blues came to town in 2k15. I was gifted a seat directly on the glass, behind the double attack goal.

Sid scored his first goal in like a million years right in front of my face, so I feel this fan on a molecular level :laugh::thumbu:

Did we lose though? Hitchcock and the blues beat us like 3 years in a row in pgh.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Right, but just like Perron and Brassard, it's just not working for him here. I'd rather have a kid like O'Connor or Zohorna making close to league minimum than Zucker at 5.5m.

I still stand by the fact we could’ve won the cup with Perron here.

Zucker is fine. He’s slightly overpaid, but he isn’t holding the roster back from doing anything.

Reactions: ronduguayshair

thecore

Jul 2, 2008
Nebraska
steeltuxbird.blogspot.com
I can see that and like Perron would probably be more successful elsewhere.

I think to a degree Zucker is in an unwinnable position; He knows he hasn't worked out and we paid a lot for him, so he tries hard, and when it still doesn't work out he tries harder to fix it, but then he gets in his head and it doesn't work out still so it spirals

I agree. I’m sure the coaches are trying but unless something big randomly happens it feels hopeless that he will snap out of it and improve.

Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN

thecore

Jul 2, 2008
Nebraska
steeltuxbird.blogspot.com
kapanen was terrible tonight. I’ll give home a pass after having Covid.

He’s very frustrating. He needs to learn to hold the puck a half second more and change angles or get into more dangerous areas of the ice, and to use his body a bit. He’s not afraid of contact without the puck, but seems like he won’t tolerate contact with the puck. It’s maddening.

Reactions: Andy99

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
I still stand by the fact we could’ve won the cup with Perron here.

Zucker is fine. He’s slightly overpaid, but he isn’t holding the roster back from doing anything.

I agree with all of this. Perron trade out was the most Rutherford trade ever

metalan2

May 30, 2008
I thought I'd venture to the Blues board, since I've never been. Go check it out, lots of "refguins" and wishing injury upon Sid. Also, most claim that was the most clear cut goalie interference in history.

Some were rational.

Reactions: RSPens

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
He’s very frustrating. He needs to learn to hold the puck a half second more and change angles or get into more dangerous areas of the ice, and to use his body a bit. He’s not afraid of contact without the puck, but seems like he won’t tolerate contact with the puck. It’s maddening.

he never drives the net with that speed. That’s like dirk diggler hanging out on this messageboard.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I thought I'd venture to the Blues board, since I've never been. Go check it out, lots of "refguins" and wishing injury upon Sid. Also, most claim that was the most clear cut goalie interference in history.

Some were rational.
If any experienced fan legitimately thinks that was interference, I never want to talk hockey with them.

Sorry

May 18, 2005
Binnington reminds me a lot of Hedberg. Guy has some talent and will come up with some big saves but is a complete head case.

edog37

Jan 21, 2007
Pittsburgh
They are arguing Crosby knocked the puck out of his glove which I didn’t see at all.

Blues fans whining about this but not even close. Binnington reaches outside the crease to initiate contact. That isn’t goaltender interference. Crosby was outside the crease the entire time & has a right to that piece of ice. Good non-call by the refs.

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania

Some were rational.

And one of our own calling us the worst fans in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad