Player Discussion: Jan Rutta

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Only way Rutta is coming back is if McD is traded. Moving just Killorn will be enough to keep Palat, but not Rutta. I figure Rutta will be looking at something in the 2 million aav range at this point, so unless at least McD is moved, the space isn't there.

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
unbelievable these stupid moves. Who is the GM again? Where is his resume'?
cut.jpg

rTQhkYYyaHhO_rTQhkYYyaHhO_7uQstog6Hnhg_original_1440x960.jpg

hopefully you weren't expecting something else

Last edited:

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Thanks for everything, Lord Rutta. Exceeded expectations and brought a lot of stability by playing a quiet but sound game defensively. All the best!

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
In beggining with us most of didnt like him, when he left all of us are dissapointed, it speaks much about his development, good player, thank you for everything!

Reactions: DFC and More 2004

AHockeyFanatic

Champa Bay
Jul 4, 2021
Losing McDonagh and Rutta is a major change on defense. Putting all your faith in Serg is a major change on defense… kind of a head scratcher but it is what it is.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Losing McDonagh and Rutta is a major change on defense. Putting all your faith in Serg is a major change on defense… kind of a head scratcher but it is what it is.
Eh I don't think losing Rutta really moves the needle at all. He was fine, but hardly a key cog.

McDonagh is going to require us to change some things, but that change was probably a long time coming. That second pair was having issues moving the puck up, and McDonagh was looking worse and worse by the shift.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Eh I don't think losing Rutta really moves the needle at all. He was fine, but hardly a key cog.

McDonagh is going to require us to change some things, but that change was probably a long time coming. That second pair was having issues moving the puck up, and McDonagh was looking worse and worse by the shift.
Yeah I mean McD was a shot blocking machine and we all love him for that but how much of it was due to the recent inability to clear the zone or prevent zone entries in the first place?

Reactions: AHockeyFanatic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad