Confirmed with Link: Jan Rutta 3 years $8.25m

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
This may be an obvious observation considering his resume, but Rutta strikes me as the kind of defenseman you win cups with. Just a very smart and effective player who doesn't screw up.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
He has been playing better and better as the season is progressing, a much better signinig than JJ that;s for sure!!!
That which the penguins are still on the hook for paying him up until June 2026.
:biglaugh:

Just build a monument to the guy already....

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
f***ing JR, I wish he had called it quits after the B2B!!! It was all downhill from then on starting at the draft with the stupid trades for Reaves!!:mad:
Yeah, not to highjack a Ja Ru thread with that creature. Just that he'll be on the books for a good long bit yet... the memory will be with us a ways to go.
(that why I said build a monument :wg: )

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
He's been a reliable, rock-solid bottom pairing guy who can fill in on the 2nd pairing. He defends well and hits. Beyond that, he's willing to take a shot when the time comes.

What more could we really be asking for?

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
I wanted Ceci resigned but cap space just was not there. He solves the RD issues and maybe we don't have all the moves since then. But I do like the Rutta deal and he is a solid 3 pairing RD. Pretty clear that Petts POJ and Smith will compete for LD next year and unless Perry falls off a cliff or Letang suffers complications down the road, things look set on D for the next couple. Dumo is gone and I would like to see Hextall draft RD up the kazoo the next couple years here along with centers.

lettuceAA

Dec 16, 2010
Yes the D has really come a long way this season and is really starting to gel as players settled into their roles. Rutta has been exactly what this D group needed and I think helped Petterson elevate his game to where it is now. I honestly don't miss Marino at all.

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
il_794xN.3051787466_7vd2.jpg

Reactions: 66-30-33

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad