Confirmed with Link: Jan Rutta 3 years $8.25m

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Watching as much video as possible, he is a much better skater than I thought. Looks like he can passably move the puck when asked instead of being a strict stay at home.

I don’t dislike it as much as yesterday.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Still laugh at people who hate on Ruh. Dude is what he is and is paid accordingly. He's offered tremendous value vs what he's paid for.
He's paid to be a very good depth D-man not gifted #6 every game use. Maybe the umptenth time people recognize the difference. In his second stint as such has provided the same results. Nothing.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
He's the Rutta that's going to get this ship back on course.

It works better if you picture Sully saying it with his Masshole accent.

See the way I'd pronounce Rutta, I think of him more as a replacement for Ian Cole with the media.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
Yeah Ruh’s value comes from the fact that he can sit out for 50 games straight and then step onto the ice and not really look out of place on the bottom pair. But there is a reason he sits out those 50 games straight lol

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Yeah Ruh’s value comes from the fact that he can sit out for 50 games straight and then step onto the ice and not really look out of place on the bottom pair. But there is a reason he sits out those 50 games straight lol

Hot take: after Letang and Math, Ruh was our third best Dman during the regular season last year…not saying he will be this coming season, but he doesn’t get the credit here that he deserves…

Reactions: Genetic

DarrylshutzSydor

Aug 9, 2007
California
Sad to see Rutta leave the Bolts. A steady defenseman who can play on the top pairing or anchor his own pairing. Decent size, good skater, and decent puck handler/passer. Give him back to the Bolts and take bonehead instead!

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I like Rutta and even Gudas and would have liked either here for the same reason Rutta was signed for - toughness.

I think it's close to what Cole was and he adds an element that I have been saying the D was missing for a while.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Agreed. Let's f**king get him here already! :madfire: :madfire:
What do you think we'd need to give up? I don't even know if we have the assets. It'd have to be prospects Allvin covets from his time here.

The first, POJ, and Blueger?

I hate the thought of losing Blue, but I think we will given he wouldn't resign here knowing teams will offer him a greater role.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
What do you think we'd need to give up? I don't even know if we have the assets. It'd have to be prospects Allvin covets from his time here.

The first, POJ, and Blueger?

I hate the thought of losing Blue, but I think we will given he wouldn't resign here knowing teams will offer him a greater role.

I wouldn't care at all about losing Blueger (have to think one of DOC, Poehling or Zohorna could fill that role) in general, but especially not concerned if we're bringing in someone else like a Miller or Kadri who can play C.

POJ would be of minimal interest to VAN because they have a kid Jack Rathbone who they really like and will almost certainly be their 3rd pairing LD. I can only guess that Marino was not an option at the end of the day because of cap space and not being able to find a taker for Myers yet.

So with that said, and depending whether they still like Sam Poulin or not:

Blueger + Kapanen + Poulin + 2023 1st + 2023 2nd

And if they don't love Poulin, that deal wouldn't cut it and it would have to be Pickering instead.

And in order to a deal like that, they would still have to move out money (likely one of Poolman, Dickenson, or Pearson), which is maybe why if there's a deal to be had there, it hasn't happened yet. :dunno:

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I wouldn't care at all about losing Blueger (have to think one of DOC, Poehling or Zohorna could fill that role) in general, but especially not concerned if we're bringing in someone else like a Miller or Kadri who can play C.

POJ would be of minimal interest to VAN because they have a kid Jack Rathbone who they really like and will almost certainly be their 3rd pairing LD. I can only guess that Marino was not an option at the end of the day because of cap space and not being able to find a taker for Myers yet.

So with that said, and depending whether they still like Sam Poulin or not:

Blueger + Kapanen + Poulin + 2023 1st + 2023 2nd

And if they don't love Poulin, that deal wouldn't cut it and it would have to be Pickering instead.

And in order to a deal like that, they would still have to move out money (likely one of Poolman, Dickenson, or Pearson), which is maybe why if there's a deal to be had there, it hasn't happened yet. :dunno:
Sir, this is a Rutta

Reactions: Zbynek

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad