Prospect Info: Jan Mysak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
You watch Mysak play and he looks alot like Rossi the way he moves and thinks the game... It will be interesting to see how much his offensive production will improve next season in the OHL..

Edit: Rossi is basically 1 yr older and had a similar PPG pace as a 18 yr old kid in the OHL...

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Prospects in action today:

- Leskinen at 10AM ET (KalPa vs. Hameenlinna)

- Kotkaniemi at 11AM ET (Assat vs. Ilves)
Remains to be seen is KK will be in the line-up. It's also a shame Ikonen is hurt again, because it would be KK vs. Ikonen.

- Norlinder at noon ET (Frolunda vs. Farjestad)

- Olofsson at noon ET (Skelleftea vs. Lonkopings)

And later tonight:

- Muskegon has another preseason game. Pitlick did not play last night. We'll see if he's in it tonight.

- Sioux Falls also has another preseason game. Smith wasn't in the line-up yesterday.

@montreal mentioned it in the "Where they play" thread that because a few teams opted out of the USHL season, players from those teams were taken by various teams and it's possible the first preseason games are to evaluate them, as well as other prospects before deciding who to cut. So it's possible with Pitlick and Smith pretty much guaranteed their spots, they may not play right away.

Hoped Mysak was gonna play. Anyone know when his next game is?

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
mysak_06.jpg

mysak_05.jpg

Reactions: Adam Michaels

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Nikdy dost dobrej
“I wanted to be a hockey player... Gradually scoring more and more goals, I began to enjoy hockey. I loved the feeling of overcoming the goalkeeper. I wanted to be seen, every gake again and again. Thanks to the fact that it worked out for me, I caught the right passion.”

“And even though I skipped grades to play against the elders, I still did well... At the same time, when goals and points were clearly required of me as a teenager, I was able to say to myself: f*** it, I'm going to enjoy it... I wasn't stressed that I had to do something. No, the joy of what comes out on the ice and how I help my teammates has always come first for me...”
“I'd rather make fun of myself and purposefully, so that the boys feel that we're on the same boat and there's no gap between us. Hockey is primarily a team sport and I can have as many goals as I want, but most importantly I've to be part of the team and behave accordingly...”
“I wanted to show even more why I belong to play with the older ones. I wanted to show everyone why I should play there and not them. I didn't take games with my peers as something inferior... Although I felt it could be so efficient, I wasn't going to act like I was anything more. I'm trying to do something special on the ice, but not to be contemptuous.”
“It probably also stems from the fact that I consider myself an empathetic person... I try to perceive how others feel. And when I look at them, I consider what my behavior would suit them. I want people around me to feel good and natural.”
“Even if I could get into the NHL one day and be seen there, I'd still want more. As soon as I manage to fulfill a personal goal, I will immediately find another one... It's part of my nature, I'll probably never be completely satisfied... Related to that, I can't even receive praise. My mother often told me that I was a jerk, but… I don't know, I find it weird that someone has to slap me on the back. I'd even say that it bothers me directly.”
“I want to be an example of how if you really want something and go for it, it'll work...”

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Une belle prise des Canadiens en deuxième ronde | Profil approfondi de Jan Mysak

Deep dive in Jan Mysak game. If you don’t speak french, here is the video of his highlight in Europe and international play

Thanks for these Plekatorz.

I'm actually coming around more on him. I still have questions whether what he's doing here can translate but I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that it can't like some scouts seem to think. Dude actually can pass too despite the reports of tunnel vision. He's likely a winger so I don't care if he's not uber creative.

We've just had awful luck on these skilled forwards in the 2nd round. He may be one of the more impressive ones we've picked though. It's hard to say. Excited to see him at the WJCs...even though they don't mean anything of course ;)

Reactions: Plekatorz

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
6 feet tall and a great and improving skater

He's not, and his skating wasn't "great" when I watched him last year, maybe he found a new gear this year, Id love if he did, because his shot+hand combination could be lethal on a fast skater.

Ill clarify, I think his top-end speed is fine, but his skating is choppy and he's really, really slow off the blocks, this makes him a really bad 360 skater, which is really concerning when it comes to kids his size. I see it as a technique flaw and it can be worked on though.

Also the guy just needs to rip it more and stop holding on to the puck for so long. He's like KK and Suzuki in that matter, but he doesn't have KKs length and strength or Suzukis elite stickhandling+vision .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad