Prospect Info: Jan Mysak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
so he was 17 years old when you saw him....guess what? Teenagers can sprout up quite a bit from 17 to 18. I know I did....

Naturally. But he was listed at 6'0 like last September... not many people grow 3 inches in 8 months at 18 years old and that just coincides height wise with an old listing that had been rectified by CS when they measured him.

I love him as a player. 5'10 vs 5'11 or whatever is not going to make or break him.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
So what's his official height? The sites all have different numbers..

Elite Prospects- 6 foot 0
Hockey DB- 5 foot 11
MyNHLDraft.com- 5 foot 10

Nevermind, I just saw the post above saying that he's 180 cm. So basically, the same height as Nick Suzuki.
Can we hire Tomas Plekanec as his mentor?

He would be the perfect role model for him.

Reactions: Et le But

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Interesting mix of scouting reports on him. Some are very bullish while others aren't too convinced. I guess that's why he fell.

Anyone believe there's first line upside there?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The team Mysak is loaned to in Czech Republic, Litvinov, has only played two games so far (Mysak didn't play in either game). But they've had their last 2 or 3 games postponed due to COVID. Other teams are playing their games. But there have been a bunch of games postponed. Some teams have played 5 or 6 games. Others have only played 1 or 2.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Interesting mix of scouting reports on him. Some are very bullish while others aren't too convinced. I guess that's why he fell.

He’ll be better than Caufield. There, I said it (again).

Now, stepping back down to reality (not really), I think he can be a top-6 guy for us. Not sure about 1st line, but I think he’ll be good.

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010
We’re bound to hit a home run with all these second round picks over the last few years, hopefully this guy is the one.

Habricot

Oct 22, 2017
Naturally. But he was listed at 6'0 like last September... not many people grow 3 inches in 8 months at 18 years old and that just coincides height wise with an old listing that had been rectified by CS when they measured him.

I love him as a player. 5'10 vs 5'11 or whatever is not going to make or break him.
He said he was 180 cm in an intrview this week.. this is a hair under 5'11

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
He's got the option to go back to Litvinov for the 20-21 season right? I'd much rather see him there than in the OHL if they go with the no contact crap, that would be a completely wasted season development wise.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Mysak is playing in his first game of the season right now. He is playing 3LW (#91)

EkDf0JbXgAIWMHu

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

I do. Not saying he'll reach it.

But his explosiveness and finish remind me of Pavel Bure. But looking like Pavel Bure at the OHL level and NHL level are quite different things.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Maybe it was already brought up in this thread, but Mysak is the first piece of the Andrew Shaw trade that sent him back to Chicago.

There is still the 3rd next year. Also their 2021 7th round pick that Habs swapped with them for the 2020 7th round pick.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Maybe it was already brought up in this thread, but Mysak is the first piece of the Andrew Shaw trade that sent him back to Chicago.

There is still the 3rd next year. Also their 2021 7th round pick that Habs swapped with them for the 2020 7th round pick.

I like Mysak's potential. His ceiling is as high as Debrincat's. All we need is for him to reach it and that 3rd to be the next Sam Girard and we didn't lose that trade!

Last edited:
Reactions: Gains

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I wish you were right but Debrincat was a much better prospect, an other who guy was scouted with a measurement tape.

I edited the post to include "Myshak to reach his celling" in case that wasn't clear...

Note I was only talking about ceiling, not probability of reaching it.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Godin article: The owner of the Bulldogs suspects he dropped by lack of exposure/not seeing enough of his games. Despite playing a limited number of games for them and joining in late, he was considered a leader by his teammates. His training has been affected by two mandatory quarantine and an injury.

Sucks about his training being compromised. That's never good. Hopefully we can see some progression nonetheless.

Looks interesting. Doesn't look weak out there. Head always up. Very nice stride and quick feet and release. AND hockey sense!

I'm seeing more the high end upside now. It's a fence swing. Could pay off huge. If he clicks, he and Caufield could be a big boon to our offense.

Reactions: LesCanadiens
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad