Pre-Game Talk: Jan 9 - Leafs @ Hurricanes - Wheel of inconsistency says we'll win this one

• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

achtungbaby

Oct 31, 2006
Huge game. If the Rangers beat the Hawks tonight and we lose to the Canes in regulation time tomorrow, we're in 10th place in the East by the time the horn sounds. 11th if Ottawa wins tonight. There was a comfortable separation for awhile there but the East is tighter then a snare drum these days.

EDIT: With the Rangers win the Capitals have been bumped down to 9th. These standings are taking some getting used to.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
I swear to god....if this team loses one more time!

I'm going to ***** and moan once again! Then watch the next ****ing game.

....I JUST CAN'T GET UP AND LEAVE :cry:

Penalty Kill Icing*

Carlyle says he'll split the goalies in the back-to-back unless one gets a shutout.

Translation: I am starting Bernier the first game and he better get a shutout because otherwise I'll have to start Reimer.

The Reaper

Men of Mayhem
Dec 29, 2010
Canada
Carlyle says he'll split the goalies in the back-to-back unless one gets a shutout.

Translation: I am starting Bernier the first game and he better get a shutout because otherwise I'll have to start Reimer.

Reimer got a shut out against the Oilers but didn't start against Calgary the next game which was the next night sooo....

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
If Reimer doesnt start, specially with Berniers last few games then Im done watchign the leafs until the 2014 draft!!!
Be consistant to both men!!! Very dissapointed with Carlyle this year!!!

Spanks

Oct 23, 2011
Hope Reims gets the start for this one.

Tickets are available for under $10 if there's any leafs fans willing to make the trek...

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
This back to back set is as important as it gets in terms of holding our playoff position.

I just wish we had a clue what this team was going to do. Playing well would be nice that's for sure. They could kill Carolina or get killed. There's just no telling.

Hope for the best and don't expect anything in particular :).

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
the most consistent thing about this team is that they are inconsistent.

I've now decided, I am going to sit back - enjoy the rest of the season and let the chips fall as they may. I figure nothing's going to happen until the summer, unless Nonis makes a huge decision and figures that we're not going to make a playoff run regardless if we get there or not, and trades some pieces at deadline day. And with the cap hit where it is, I doubt we'll see a lot of trades (mostly lateral moves).

with that being said - Reimer probably gets Carolina, and truthfully, if we keep the shots under 30 - when Reimer wins, he plays against the Caps? (Devils? - I know it's either or) and then let him play with the ball a bit.

all I want is some good worth ethic, and I'm good with the result. [which will be a win].

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
the most consistent thing about this team is that they are inconsistent.

I've now decided, I am going to sit back - enjoy the rest of the season and let the chips fall as they may. I figure nothing's going to happen until the summer, unless Nonis makes a huge decision and figures that we're not going to make a playoff run regardless if we get there or not, and trades some pieces at deadline day. And with the cap hit where it is, I doubt we'll see a lot of trades (mostly lateral moves).

with that being said - Reimer probably gets Carolina, and truthfully, if we keep the shots under 30 - when Reimer wins, he plays against the Caps? (Devils? - I know it's either or) and then let him play with the ball a bit.

all I want is some good worth ethic, and I'm good with the result. [which will be a win].
Yeah, I've decided to try and do this. Though it might be a case of being a bit burned out about reacting to every little thing :laugh:. Just see where this season ends up going and accept whatever happens.

Since it is the old 3 games in 4 nights it probably doesn't matter who starts what. We're bound to see both goalies in these 3 games. I'd give Reimer the next one since we might as well.

Good work ethic would be a nice starting point since we've lacked that too often this year.

Oskar The Groucho

Oct 2, 2009
Barrie
Unless a move is made tomorrow who is out #4 C ? Holland seems form Twitter was sent down because Carlyle was not playing him and Nonis is pissed because of it...

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
This team isnt inconsistent.

They are consistently bad. They will express themselves by losing as they have consistently sucked all year. Bernier was never a proven number one, he never played enough games to prove anything. If I am Reimer, I let in the first 4 shots for free. This team is much worse than last year and a couple of players need to be traded to teams they hate. Leafs fans have suffered enough and it is time Rogers paid in the pocket book.If you watch they will continue to lose.

Plan the parade Tim, you genius.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I don't really agree with the panic from the last game. I think it showed plenty of improvements, and with normal goaltending it would have been a clear regulation win. There were more hustle and improved poise from team excluding Franson, Raymond and Gardiner.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
I don't really agree with the panic from the last game. I think it showed plenty of improvements, and with normal goaltending it would have been a clear regulation win. There were more hustle and improved poise from team excluding Franson, Raymond and Gardiner.

I don't know man I thought Gardiner was at-least mediocre last game.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I don't know man I thought Gardiner was at-least mediocre last game.

Hmm yeah he was. My point was that most everyone showed improved hustle, Gardiner was his usual self playing his usual game.

I have no problem with Gards. He's a young man building his toolset and struggling to put it all together, that's all.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Hmm yeah he was. My point was that most everyone showed improved hustle, Gardiner was his usual self playing his usual game.

I have no problem with Gards. He's a young man building his toolset and struggling to put it all together, that's all.
Well we can't carry 7 D for these many games...there has to be something up. I hope we get something going on soon.

A small little run can change it up completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad