Pre-Game Talk: Jan 9 - Leafs @ Hurricanes - Wheel of inconsistency says we'll win this one

• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayzorexe

Meh..
Dec 29, 2009
Toronto, ON
I'm at the point where I don't really care if they lose or not. Our expectations of this team was overblown when they made they made the playoffs last year and when they went 10 - 4 in October

As for Thursday's game, Reimer better get the start because Bernier hasn't played up to par in the last 2 games (maybe he's fatigued or something because he's never started 6 games in a row since his days in the AHL)

Penalty Kill Icing*

Clarkson likely to play tomorrow and Gunnarsson day to day (meaning won't be playing)

Wheels

Aug 22, 2004
Against a really motivated Staal, who normally kills the Leafs anyway...

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Whatever happens, happens...

At this point I've got no idea what to expect so I won't expect too much :laugh:.

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
What's our record in Carolina the last 4-5 years? Can't be any good.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
From last game:

The good:
Bozak(1 goal),Kadri(2 assists),McClement(check Tavares)
Overall I thought our centers did a good job. They all had good nights in the face off circle and if your centers are supposed to be your best forwards, they were.

The bad:
Franson,Bernier
Franson was brutal. He is a 5 on 5, PK nightmare. His best attribute, PP, was missing.
Bernier reminded me of MA Fleury last game. Part off night and every weird bounce ate him up.

The missing:
Kessel
I remember him in the 3rd and a little on the PP. Other than that I don't remember him much. If he has great speed I should notice him once in a while.

Honarable mention to Gleason in his 1st game played well.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Leafs have landed and are in Carolina now. Fatigue shouldn't we an excuse. We'll save that for loss after Sunday's game. :yo:

TheOneArmedMan

Jan 17, 2011
Lol leafs will lose. We do bad against mediocre teams. Liles and some other former leaf will score.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Sooooo, about them lines

JvR-Bozak-Phil
Lupul-Kadri (Edit)-Raymond
Kulie-Jaymc-Clarkson
Orr-mystery-D'Amigo/Ashton

?

Still perplexed by why were only carrying three Cs......

Last edited:

leafstilldeath*

So win one game have fairyland posters come in and say "take that haters" etc...

Only to lose the next 3 games?

Yea....... I am not cool with that. Something has gotta give and the crap has to be fixed real fast

leafstilldeath*

Well, we do only have three Cs :laugh:

Maybe Kadris getting traded and Bozak will centre two lines :sarcasm:

I can see your crossed fingers behind your back lol ;)

If that ever happened I will literally send hate letters to MLSE for ruining any hope the fans might have had lol

EDIT: Nevermind I just saw the thread about Holland being reassigned. Either there is trade brewing OR Nonis/Carlyle have lost their minds
3Cs LOL that is just absolutely ridiculous

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Clarkson*- Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - JVR
Ashton- McClement - Kulemin
D'Amigo - Raymond - Orr

Gunnarsson* - Phanuef
Gleason - Rielly
Ranger - Franson

Reimer
Bernier

*If healthy

achtungbaby

Oct 31, 2006
Huge game. If the Rangers beat the Hawks tonight and we lose to the Canes in regulation time tomorrow, we're in 10th place in the East by the time the horn sounds. 11th if Ottawa wins tonight. There was a comfortable separation for awhile there but the East is tighter then a snare drum these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad