Pre-Game Talk: Jan. 23rd Leafs vs. Stars- Keep the Streak Rollin'!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle Doobas*

It's not a B2B, Bernier will more than likely get both games. Reimer is the back-up it's quite clear who the Leafs want to go forward with.
Reimer seems like an awesome guy and all, but yeah, even though we won our last game, it's becoming very clear that he just does not deliver the same calibre of goaltending. The difference between the two, particularly in terms of rebound control is especially evident on those back-to-backs.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Reimer seems like an awesome guy and all, but yeah, even though we won our last game, it's becoming very clear that he just does not deliver the same calibre of goaltending. The difference between the two, particularly in terms of rebound control is especially evident on those back-to-backs.

i actually think reimer has been better over his last two starts than bernier has been lately (though it's close).

i'd like to see reimer get some more games. they should be sharing the load IMO.

Hibachi

Oct 22, 2013
If Bernier wins tonight, he will get the start vs Jets, almost guaranteed with how Carlyle has been rolling Bernier lately. Seems the only reason Reimer even started is because it was back to back.

We don't have another back to back till mid March I believe, so wouldn't surprised me to see Bernier in all the game at least until Olympic break.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Next to our Leafs, the Dallas Stars are the best dressed team in hockey. :nod:

images

So glad they brought back a proper green uniform set. :handclap:

AustonMitchWilly

Jul 3, 2013
i actually think reimer has been better over his last two starts than bernier has been lately (though it's close).

i'd like to see reimer get some more games. they should be sharing the load IMO.

I feel they both are sharing the load. Were just riding who is hot right now. Once Bernie has a bad game, Reim will be there, get hot, and we'll be still golden.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Seguin with the hattrick. Benn with 2 goals. Leafs go 0/6 on the PP and give up 5 goals on 5 PK's. Kessel scores 9 goals. Leafs win 9-8.

I'm calling it now.

NO WAY! It'll end 10-8, as JVR gets 1 from a Kessel setup! ;)

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Are they turning a corner, or mired in a slump?

Seeing their L10 record, this looks like the easiest game of the trip.
Always concerned against a team, with so much young talent though.

If the Leafs work, they should win.

These points are essential, since the California tour will be happening soon.

kaner13

Mar 27, 2011

While I don't necessarily agree they should share the load (Bernier's the guy imo), it would be good to give Reimer the game against Winnipeg, him being from MB and all.

The Caveman

We are all the goat
Jan 14, 2007
Montreal, PQ
Have a funny feeling that this is going to be a pond hockey game. Lots of skating. looking forward to watching Morgan and gards tonight.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
Are they turning a corner, or mired in a slump?

Seeing their L10 record, this looks like the easiest game of the trip.
Always concerned against a team, with so much young talent though.

If the Leafs work, they should win.

These points are essential, since the California tour will be happening soon.

Speaking as a Dallas fan, it was basically a brutal run of luck at both ends of the ice. Bad shooting luck and even worse goaltending. The Stars actually outshot the opposition by a decent margin over the last 10 and controlled large parts of alot of those games, but a 6.5% shooting percentage and a 89% save percentage over that stretch will beat down even a great team. With decent luck they would have been no worse than .500 in those games.

Dallas is actually the 7th best "possession" team in the league at even strength.. in the same category as teams like St. Louis and Vancouver. I expect the Stars to outshoot the Leafs by a pretty decent margin, it will be up to your goaltender to keep the game in reach.

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga
The Dallas Stars have very porous defensive personnel and defensive structure. I predict a high scoring game in which the Toronto Maple Leafs come out on top.

I'm going with a 5-3 final score, extending our win streak to a practically unheard of (in Leaf nation of course) 7 straight.

Sadly, I think we lose the next game against the Winnipeg Jets who have been red hot with Paul Maurice behind the bench.

Intact

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga ON
Speaking as a Dallas fan, it was basically a brutal run of luck at both ends of the ice. Bad shooting luck and even worse goaltending. The Stars actually outshot the opposition by a decent margin over the last 10 and controlled large parts of alot of those games, but a 6.5% shooting percentage and a 89% save percentage over that stretch will beat down even a great team. With decent luck they would have been no worse than .500 in those games.

Dallas is actually the 7th best "possession" team in the league at even strength.. in the same category as teams like St. Louis and Vancouver. I expect the Stars to outshoot the Leafs by a pretty decent margin, it will be up to your goaltender to keep the game in reach.

Outshooting other teams and still losing? That's our address unfortunately for you, thats where we live!

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010

we win only when the opposing team does that ;)

TheThrill81*

It's very clear that you don't actually watch how he plays. Repeating the same lie about Reimer's rebound control enough times, and pretty soon you begin to believe it.

Kyle Doobas*

It's very clear that you don't actually watch how he plays. Repeating the same lie about Reimer's rebound control enough times, and pretty soon you begin to believe it.
Thank you for this eye-opening refutation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad