Pre-Game Talk: Jan. 23rd Leafs vs. Stars- Keep the Streak Rollin'!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga
It's very clear that you don't actually watch how he plays. Repeating the same lie about Reimer's rebound control enough times, and pretty soon you begin to believe it.
Are you suggesting that James Reimer's rebound control is good?

Reimer is athletic and he competes hard. But there is absolutely no denying the man gives off huge rebounds. However, the good thing with Reimer is he seems aware the puck is going to ricochet off of him and tracks the rebound very well.

I honestly don't feel safe with Reimer's in net because of how unpredictable it can be at times. However, the same could be said about all-time greats like Dominik Hasek and Tim Thomas. All that really matters in the end is that they save the puck and get the job done, and thus far in his career Reimer has shown the ability to get it done IMO.

TheThrill81*

Are you suggesting that James Reimer's rebound control is good?

I'm suggesting that accounts of his rebound control are greatly exaggerated.

Reimer is athletic and he competes hard. But there is absolutely no denying the man gives off huge rebounds. However, the good thing with Reimer is he seems aware the puck is going to ricochet off of him and tracks the rebound very well.

Most shots end up as rebounds one way or another. And the team has a bad habit of getting hemmed in their own zone, so this will only result in our goalies having to face more shots.

I honestly don't feel safe with Reimer's in net because of how unpredictable it can be at times.

Unpredictable?? He's one of the most consistent goalies the Leafs have had in a while.

Thank you for this eye-opening refutation.

I'll take that as a compliment, since I doubt you open your eyes to anything that goes against your beliefs. ;)

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
I think his rebound control is noticeably worse than Bernier's but he is good at recovering and getting to those 2nd chance opportunities.

leafstilldeath*

Carlyle on the fact Kessel, van Reimsdyk and Bozak have combined for 25pts over the win streak. "Have you seen their paycheques?"

:laugh:

I think I am warming up to Carlyle a little lol

Kyle Doobas*

I'll take that as a compliment, since I doubt you open your eyes to anything that goes against your beliefs. ;)
Based on.... what? The fact that I disagree with you on one subject? What kind of Pejorative Slured-ass **** is that?

Revolt

Mar 10, 2010
Toronto
Carlyle on the fact Kessel, van Reimsdyk and Bozak have combined for 25pts over the win streak. "Have you seen their paycheques?"

:laugh:

I think I am warming up to Carlyle a little lol

Link to video? Watched the Caryle morning skate video and it wasn't there :(

nussell

Nov 29, 2013
Ontario
It's very clear that you don't actually watch how he plays. Repeating the same lie about Reimer's rebound control enough times, and pretty soon you begin to believe it.

It is clear. Did you watch the last game or game 7? REBOUND PROBLEM. Needs to learn to stop kick the puck to the slot and start deflecting them to the corners more. Every goalie lets out rebounds but it's where the rebound is kicked or deflection ends up and Reimers are mostly to the slot and Berniers are over the glass or deflected to the corners. If Reimer ever learns how to do this he will be a beast.

RedRenegade

Sep 16, 2008
NIce quote from Carlyle.

Bernier and Lehtonen are the confirmed starters for tonight according to the dailyfaceoff website. I tried to find the Stars starting lineup but couldn't see a pre-game or GDT thread on their board.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
Love reimer, but he needs to be better with the rebounds. He is somewhat good at directing the puck in a certain direction, but sometimes his rebounds just look like passes to our team or the other team. Him not holding on to the puck often leads to us being held in our own zone and that results in a goal or atleast many good chances against.

Thats about the only nack I have on him. He is playing good right now, we've seen him play way better but that level of performance will only come if he's given more starts. But given how bernier has played, I'm not against starting bernier more.

Morguee

Jan 22, 2010
NIce quote from Carlyle.

Bernier and Lehtonen are the confirmed starters for tonight according to the dailyfaceoff website. I tried to find the Stars starting lineup but couldn't see a pre-game or GDT thread on their board.

No GDT here, no GDT there. Maybe no game. Maybe today is yesterday or tomorrow is today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad