Jan 19th Kings/Hawks to be Televised on NBC - Regionally

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
So I'm screwed basically cause I live in PA. Ugh, so annoying, I don't want to miss the banner :(

no name

Nov 28, 2002
Tornado Alley
Visit site
vader.jpg

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

Yup. Here in MO they will be showing the Flyers versus Penguins. I guess winning the cup doesn't buy respect. It's not like we are on the east coast. And of course Center Ice won't be covering it.

CTKingsFan

6/11/12 & 6/13/14
Nov 23, 2008
Connecticut
Trying to do some research on if regional NBC games will be on Center Ice.... It doesn't sound good so far us fans on the eastern side of the country.

I'll be devastated if I can't see one of the biggest moment's in our teams history because of regional broadcasting.

NHL continues to be unbelievably stupid... end the lockout.... alienate the die-hards! :shakehead

Captain Mittens*

As long as Luc doesn't make a speech, the banner raising should be under a half an hour

TonySCV

Golden
Mar 2, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
Apparently NBC will be carrying the banner ceremony nationwide, then they will switch to regional coverage. Most of the country will get the Kings game. The northeast will get the other game.

ouendan1

Mar 14, 2009
Las Vegas
is there a coverage map for NBC yet? Living in Michigan I assume I'll get Kings-Hawks but I want to be completely sure!

CTKingsFan

6/11/12 & 6/13/14
Nov 23, 2008
Connecticut
Well at least I'll get to see the banner on tv. That's really the biggest thing... Hopefully Center Ice/NHL and NBC come to their collective senses and allow the out or region games to shown on CI.

Not too slick to miss half the season and then ban out of market fans of the Kings, Hawks, Pens, and Flyers from watching their teams season opener. Same stupid ass NHL.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Apparently NBC will be carrying the banner ceremony nationwide, then they will switch to regional coverage. Most of the country will get the Kings game. The northeast will get the other game.

Yep, we'll still hear Bob MC the banner ceremony all over the country, just not call the game later. I just hope the bozos who call the game dont talk over the ceremony the way they do during games.

TKFAN

Dec 3, 2006
New Hampshire
Well at least I'll get to see the banner on tv. That's really the biggest thing... Hopefully Center Ice/NHL and NBC come to their collective senses and allow the out or region games to shown on CI.

Not too slick to miss half the season and then ban out of market fans of the Kings, Hawks, Pens, and Flyers from watching their teams season opener. Same stupid ass NHL.

Same thoughts here in Manchester, could care less about any other NHL game. At least if we can see the pregame stuff and listen to game before heading to Monarchs game it's better than no NHL.

TonySCV

Golden
Mar 2, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
Yep, we'll still hear Bob MC the banner ceremony all over the country, just not call the game later. I just hope the bozos who call the game dont talk over the ceremony the way they do during games.

Same with Canada as well. Times in quote adjusted for PT:

"Fear not, folks, as NBC has planned for just that. They will be airing (as will CBC in Canada) the entire banner raising ceremony to 100 percent of the country, as well as the first 10 minutes (in real time, not hockey time) of Blackhawks-Kings starting at 12:25 p.m. PT. At 12:35 p.m. PT, half of the country will be switched over to Penguins-Flyers. Overall, I like this opening day strategy from NBC, though I wonder if a better move might have been Penguins-Flyers at 9:30AM followed up by Kings-Blackhawks at 12:30PM."

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2013/1/15/3876688/17-observations-on-the-nhls-2013-television-schedule

TonySCV

Golden
Mar 2, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
More good news if you prefer Strader over Emrick:

"Dave Strader will call the Blackhawks-Kings game with NBC's lead color analyst Eddie Olczyk and Brian Engblom.

This means Olczyk will be apart from his usual team with play-by-play man Mike Emrick and inside the glass analyst Pierre McGuire. It is unknown as of now if the Emrick/McGuire team will have a third man in, but good to see that Kings/Blackhawks is getting a slightly heavier focus."

More good news if you prefer Strader over Emrick:

"Dave Strader will call the Blackhawks-Kings game with NBC's lead color analyst Eddie Olczyk and Brian Engblom.

This means Olczyk will be apart from his usual team with play-by-play man Mike Emrick and inside the glass analyst Pierre McGuire. It is unknown as of now if the Emrick/McGuire team will have a third man in, but good to see that Kings/Blackhawks is getting a slightly heavier focus."

Glad to read the Kings aren't getting "waffleboarded aside"...

CTKingsFan

6/11/12 & 6/13/14
Nov 23, 2008
Connecticut
Same with Canada as well. Times in quote adjusted for PT:

"Fear not, folks, as NBC has planned for just that. They will be airing (as will CBC in Canada) the entire banner raising ceremony to 100 percent of the country, as well as the first 10 minutes (in real time, not hockey time) of Blackhawks-Kings starting at 12:25 p.m. PT. At 12:35 p.m. PT, half of the country will be switched over to Penguins-Flyers. Overall, I like this opening day strategy from NBC, though I wonder if a better move might have been Penguins-Flyers at 9:30AM followed up by Kings-Blackhawks at 12:30PM."

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2013/1/15/3876688/17-observations-on-the-nhls-2013-television-schedule

If they go that far hopefully they'll put the game on Center Ice. It's just not a good PR move after a long lockout to blackout fans who pay you money just to see their team on tv! Especially on opening night!

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
From Buffalo, bummed I won't be able to see the game even with Center Ice... But relieved I'll at least get to see the banner raising, hopefully NBC doesn't **** it up. =/

TonySCV

Golden
Mar 2, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
It's pretty cool that for folks in the US, there's only one day in the entire regular season where there is no national game televised. Every other day in the schedule you'll be able to catch at least one game on NHLN, NBCSN or NBC.

It's pretty cool that for folks in the US, there's only one day in the entire regular season where there is no national game televised. Every other day in the schedule you'll be able to catch at least one game on NHLN, NBCSN or NBC.

Thanks for that! l now have zero reason to buy Center Ice. The price was alluring but I'm going to stay committed to the $0 spent on the NHL this season.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
This weekend, due to the unique coverage offered on NBC, Dave Strader (play-by-play), Eddie Olczyk (analyst) and Brian Engblom (‘Inside-the-Glass’ analyst) will team up for the Blackhawks at Kings. Emrick and McGuire will team up to announce Pittsburgh at Philadelphia on Saturday and Philadelphia at Buffalo on Sunday on NBC.

We get the the B-team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad