GDT: Jan 19: Flames @ Kings [8:30pm MT: Sportsnet]

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Luckily, the other thing they warned us about, his tendency to blame other players for losses, has not carried over. At least not to my knowledge.

It has a little. He let in a few softies in Anaheim and he cost us a game against Chicago and all he said was that the players need to work harder. Never took any real responsibility for either.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
It has a little. He let in a few softies in Anaheim and he cost us a game against Chicago and all he said was that the players need to work harder. Never took any real responsibility for either.

To be honest though, with such a general statement like that (from Hiller) it can be construed in many ways. Obviously he isn't taking the responsibility himself directly in that statement, but the statement can be interpreted as the whole team (including himself) needs to step up, or he is blaming the team.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Let's hope the Flames win this one in regulation?

If we just keep playing the way we've been playing as of late, we should win this one easily. Using our speed, drawing penalties, forechecking, great defense.

I don't take LA lightly though, they can have those random games where they just turn it on and light it up. Toffoli and Pearson out is a huge loss for them, though.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Jooris has been activated, but he isn't playing tonight. No empty spot on the roster anymore.

It's going to be weird seeing 2 roster players scratched on a normal basis. I didn't consider McGrattan one. Creates more competition :).

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Kings fans gonna Kings.

LA Fans are like Chicago fans.
They're the same dudes wearing Heat Jerseys last year, same 20-somethings that the Avs, Yanks/Bo Sox and Pats were their 'favorite team growing up'.

Bandwagoneers gonna bandwagon.

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
If you have a fanbase mostly consisting of petulant bandwagoners, you will have a hard time finding class from them. I wonder how many of them had a good idea of Rob Blake as a Kings player.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
If you have a fanbase mostly consisting of petulant bandwagoners, you will have a hard time finding class from them. I wonder how many of them had a good idea of Rob Blake as a Kings player.

That's one thing I really like about the Flames board. With the majority of the Flames fans on Calgary Puck, it's become a tight knit community.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I once took a pizza out of the oven without a mitten. #watchout #dangerous

I do that all the time, actually. Don't want to risk getting cheese and **** on my pizza. I also don't use a pan though, I place it directly on the rack. This way, the crust gets a nice crispy texture to it, and the grease and oil doesn't build up in it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad