News Article: Jamie McBain talks tryout with Monarchs

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
LOL, Sami Salo is looking for a job too. Come one, come all, to the LA Kings! Bring your friends- can they play D?!

What are Modry, Preissing, Gauthier, and Randy Jones up to these days?

Maybe we can get DD44 back from Montreal and Peter Harrold back from New Jersey!

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Oh, I want Regehr off the team at the end of the year too, but he hasn't been the problem.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
You're right. Greene, McNabb, Muzzin, Williams, Stoll, Richards, Nolan, and Andreoff for not being Crosby 2.0. Have been the problem.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
RR/Greene have played well I think. Under the circumstances, you can't ask any more than what those guys have provided.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
If Regehr is gone.. who kills penalties on the left? I know Martinez gets PK work... but that leaves Muzzin/McNabb on the PK... :help:

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
I'm very interested to see how McBain will do on this team. Sometimes a change of scenery makes all the difference.

McNabb seems to be getting better, but I still wouldn't trust him in a playoff series. I'm not sure his ceiling is much higher than what we've already seen. He really needs to work on his skating and decision making.

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site
McNabb was awful on Saturday night. I was there. He was really bad.

McNabb wasn't that bad. For a player to come out of a game +2 and be called awful is laughable. He's a rookie thrown into the fire due to the Voynov situation. There will be growing pains, it's just that people haven't excepted that. Muzzin was the same way when he came into the league. Not every rookie d-man is going to come in and play lights out like Doughty.
I swear I must be watching a different #3 than a lot of people on here. He has not been awful and was not awful Saturday.

Last edited:

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
McNabb looked over his head at times, but he's kind of supposed to be. That's the whole point of a baptism by fire. As long as he keeps the books even with nifty little plays like holding the blueline to keep the offensive play alive (which led to Toffoli's goal moments later), he's worth waiting for.

Pucknut50

Jun 13, 2007
McNabb wasn't that bad. For a player to come out of a game +2 and be called awful is laughable. He's a rookie thrown into the fire due to the Voynov situation. There will be growing pains, it's just that people haven't excepted that. Muzzin was the same way when he came into the league. Not every rookie d-man is going to come in and play lights out like Doughty.
I swear I must be watching a different #3 than a lot of people on here. He has not been awful and was not awful Saturday.

I don't agree with Utah much as he seems to be tough on players but I have to agree McNabb was awful. Scott not sure if you were at the game but his overall positioning and his indecision with the puck was laughable. I think he just lacks confidence at this point. Muzzin went through this as well.

By watching him closely he has tight hips he can skate straight but side to side nope.
He has slow feet and takes to long to shoot. He has not impressed me at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad