News Article: Jamie McBain talks tryout with Monarchs

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Like a very skilled offensive-defenseman who hasn't been playing hockey for a month. Up and down.

Has he been playing pp ? If so can you comment on him hitting the net with one timers? I am trying to find a option for the pp as its god awful lately I very much appreciate the respounces Also since your doing the reporting from there whats the chances he ll get a nhl contract

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Has he been playing pp ? If so can you comment on him hitting the net with one timers? I am trying to find a option for the pp as its god awful lately I very much appreciate the respounces Also since your doing the reporting from there whats the chances he ll get a nhl contract

Yes. Lots of PP time. Deadly on it at times.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
If he can recapture the potential/career trajectory he was working with his rookie NHL year he can be a gem. Glad to hear he's just back to playing pro hockey period, but excited that he's joined our development program and I'm definitely excited to hear more. Thanks CNS!

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
I think the Kings can possibly turn him around. There's literally no risk involved with bringing him into the organization.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I'm all for it. Give everyone some competition - currently, Voynov, Martinez, McNabb, and Muzzin don't really have anyone chomping at their heels to get ice time, unless you count Schultz - and I don't.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I'm all for it. Give everyone some competition - currently, Voynov, Martinez, McNabb, and Muzzin don't really have anyone chomping at their heels to get ice time, unless you count Schultz - and I don't.

Yeah, hadn't thought much about that angle. The Manch talent needs an NHL-ready guy to keep pushing them--Schultz is one but he is what he is at this point, maybe Bodnarchuk fits the same category, imo LoVerde would be right behind them.

We have so much defensive depth in the minors. I get the feeling we'll be moving a roster player and Manch players this year.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Ughh, Poor Bods.

He would have got a call-up by now if the Kings had plans for him. I firmly believe he is just an AHL player for the Kings.

Sad, Bods is a good guy and good Defender.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Been with the Kings awhile now, he should have gotten a call up last year. He was Manchester's best Defender(bar none).

I figured so as well, but really when would you have called him up? Didn't we only have two recalls last year, Andrew Campbell for three games and Schultz in the playoffs? Campbell I think was more of a 'good ole' boy' reward than anything due to playing in the system forever and Schultz in the playoffs made sense. He has 399 NHL games, Bodnarchuk has five.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I figured so as well, but really when would you have called him up? Didn't we only have two recalls last year, Andrew Campbell for three games and Schultz in the playoffs? Campbell I think was more of a 'good ole' boy' reward than anything due to playing in the system forever and Schultz in the playoffs made sense. He has 399 NHL games, Bodnarchuk has five.

True , True.

I would've gave Bods the cup of coffee before Campbell. But the Kings like to do people like Campbell (loyal, hard working) solid.

Can't really be angry with that. Also Shultz in the playoff's is a move you make, the guy is a veteran.

Ron*

He's been released from the Manc PTO according to the main board, true?

The Mayor John Hoven retweeted
Andy Tonge ‏@AndyTonge1 2h2 hours ago
Hearing Jamie McBain has been released from his PTO. #Monarchs

Ron*

Getting released from a PTO also means you are free to sign a NHL contract.

Ron*

Ughh, Poor Bods.

He would have got a call-up by now if the Kings had plans for him. I firmly believe he is just an AHL player for the Kings.

Sad, Bods is a good guy and good Defender.

He has been on injured reserve with the big club all season long, according to the Kings web site roster listing and their own pre-game notifications at Staples Center.

Ron*

Rich Hammond ‏@Rich_Hammond 3m3 minutes ago
New defenseman on the ice for Kings. I’m told it’s Jamie McBain but that he hasn’t yet signed a contact. Was on PTO in AHL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad