Value of: Jamie Benn at the TDL

Remember2004

Oct 20, 2010
I’ll play.

Lucic, Pulju, Bear, 2019 2nd, 2020 1st.

I know people will balk at Lucic, but if Dallas were willing to retain a million or 2 on Benn, you could retain a million or 2 on Lucic instead (who’s actual salary drops to 4 per this summer), and flip him. It actually saves Dallas money/cap as Lucic has shorter term remaining.

Stop playing.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
Did you even read my post?

Lucic with 2 million retained has a salary of 2.64 per and can easily be flipped for non negative value. If Dallas were willing to retain 2 million to maximize the return on Benn, trading him at full value and retaining on Lucic in a second trade instead saves them a few million, and gets rid of the cap hit sooner.

You take Lucic instead of retaining, and get the same value, while saving money and capspace.
Or they could not take Lucic, continue to let Edmonton worry about how to get rid of that contract, and actually get assets for Benn instead of cap dumps. Lol at you thinking Dallas should take Lucic and then they retain on him instead of the Oilers. One of the dumbest things I have seen on this board.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
If I'm the Stars GM and the Edmonton GM brings up Lucic, I hang up the phone. Plain and simple he is done and his contract will be very hard to trade, even to a place like Arizona because the team getting it doesn't get enough Cap AAV benefit. Aka, If it's so easy to trade Lucic and retain then you do it.

As far as the rest of the package for Benn, it's just not good enough for a player of his caliber. You are offering:

Lucic: Big minus
Poolparty: Bust
Bear: AHL Fodder
2019 2nd: Decent draft but still a 2nd
2020 1st: Too much of an unknown

If Edmonton wants Benn then they have to give up the 2019 1st. And it needs to start from there.

At least say that you have no idea who Bear is...

Ragernschnapple

Feb 24, 2017
And you know this how? Do you even follow Dallas?
Do You? Do you even follow Hockey? You think Dallas is going to trade their Captain, in the middle of a playoff race, who’s locked up to a long term deal? That would do wonders for team morale. Get some common sense.

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
Hmmm, Flyers trade:
Michael Raffl/Robert Hagg
1st round pick 2019
German Rubtsov

for

Jamie Benn

Though in the end, I'm not sure the Flyers would want to take on Benn's salary. I think that's probably a major issue for most NHL teams. Benn is still a solid player, yet solid players shouldn't be making 9 mil a year.

joelnmich

Jan 2, 2007
Taylor Hall for Jamie Benn

If we're talking things in fantasyland let's go full fantasyland.

Taylor or Tyler becomes Taylor and Tyler...Boom

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad