Value of: Jamie Benn at the TDL

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
He still has the skill but it seems his time in Dallas could be coming to an end at some point sooner than later. A trade to another team could very well give him that spark he needs, Lets hear what you got.

VanCoolers

Feb 6, 2019
Pennsylvania
Jamie Benn cap hit. . . Id like to see him on the Canucks with Boeser and Petterson but probably not the Canucks

Contract: 8 yr(s) / $76,000,000Signing Bonus $56,000,000Average Salary$9,500,000Free Agent:: 2025
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
If Dallas fails to make the playoffs then maybe theyd look into moving him during the offseason, but I doubt they would at the deadline

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
As a Stars fan that also thinks turning the page on Benn would be beneficial for both sides, I think $1-2M in retention could be possible as well. Dallas has LT cap space flexibility.

Reactions: BeastMode

JC0720

Jul 5, 2018
He still has the skill but it seems his time in Dallas could be coming to an end at some point sooner than later. A trade to another team could very well give him that spark he needs, Lets hear what you got.
Based on what, exactly?

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Its coming to an end? Can you elaborate on that
From a fan perspective that i have seen and heard (myself included) that his hustle is all but gone and hi leadership abilities are all but gone. Now this could just be because of the team he is on currently and it could/probably come back with a change of scenery. The linemates he is playing with are not benefiting from him anymore it seems and i feel that the writing is on the wall that he could be shipped out at some point either at the TDL or in the off-season.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
This is nonsense
Is it? He shows no hustle in his game, he it not a physical presence like he was, he turns the puck over ALOT and he is out of position that leads to the other team with odd man chances that usually end up in the net. He has been like this the entire season pretty much and if you watched the Carolina game the other night and the TB game you will see a different player.

The game in Carolina that i was at his stupid pass back into the feet on his line mate lead to their 1st goal. The 2nd goal was because he decided to camp at the blue line against the boards which put him way of out position and the D man skated right passed him and passed it to his forward for the backhand goal.

The Tampa game i was at also he did nothing to show initiative on attempting to be a captain and spark his team. Instead he took it on the chin and licked his wounds. A captain is supposed to lead by example and he is not doing that.

JC0720

Jul 5, 2018
Is it? He shows no hustle in his game, he it not a physical presence like he was, he turns the puck over ALOT and he is out of position that leads to the other team with odd man chances that usually end up in the net. He has been like this the entire season pretty much and if you watched the Carolina game the other night and the TB game you will see a different player.
Is there anyone on this team not named Tyler or Miro that hasn't looked like themselves? I'd say its more a combination of learning a new system, a new linemate every game and not knowing if you're supposed to be a skilled, fast team or a big, physical team. Coach doesnt seem to know, so how can the team?

Reactions: Fazkovsky and Trade

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Is there anyone on this team not named Tyler or Miro that hasn't looked like themselves? I'd say its more a combination of learning a new system, a new linemate every game and not knowing if you're supposed to be a skilled, fast team or a big, physical team. Coach doesnt seem to know, so how can the team?
The coach does not have the responsibility to show Benn how to be a captain, he was doing it before Monty showed up. One of the captains jobs is to recognize the team needs a spark and to play physical to get his team energized. He can't even do that.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
As a Stars fan that also thinks turning the page on Benn would be beneficial for both sides, I think $1-2M in retention could be possible as well. Dallas has LT cap space flexibility.
Agree, Dallas is going to have to eat some of it. Now i'm not in favor of just giving him away because after it is all said and done he is still averaging 30+ goals per season but something has to done. When the team is hot garbage the captain goes down with the ship.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I’ll play.

Lucic, Pulju, Bear, 2019 2nd, 2020 1st.

I know people will balk at Lucic, but if Dallas were willing to retain a million or 2 on Benn, you could retain a million or 2 on Lucic instead (who’s actual salary drops to 4 per this summer), and flip him. It actually saves Dallas money/cap as Lucic has shorter term remaining.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

wingsfan17

Jan 20, 2008
Disappointing that Seguin turned it around after being called out, but it seems like Benn really hasn't. He's also Benn good the past few seasons but even then he was a shell of his former art Ross self.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
I’ll play.

I know people will balk at Lucic, but if Dallas were willing to retain a million or 2 on Benn, you could retain a million or 2 on Lucic instead (who’s actual salary drops to 4 per this summer), and flip him. It actually saves Dallas money/cap as Lucic has shorter term remaining.

Benn still has very positive value while Lucic has very negative value.

If Benn gets traded I am guessing it would be for a Pacioretty like return.

Solid roster player + 1st + B prospect

Or

Solid roster player + 2nd + A prospect

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Benn still has very positive value while Lucic has very negative value.

If Benn gets traded I am guessing it would be for a Pacioretty like return.

Solid roster player + 1st + B prospect

Or

Solid roster player + 2nd + A prospect

Did you even read my post?

Lucic with 2 million retained has a salary of 2.64 per and can easily be flipped for non negative value. If Dallas were willing to retain 2 million to maximize the return on Benn, trading him at full value and retaining on Lucic in a second trade instead saves them a few million, and gets rid of the cap hit sooner.

You take Lucic instead of retaining, and get the same value, while saving money and capspace.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Ive always liked Benn. Thought some of the teams they had there would be a lot better than they have been. What happened there Stars fans?

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
I’ll play.

Why, yes they will. No thanks on this offer.

Likely Jamie doesn't waive his NTC for Edmonton either.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Why, yes they will. No thanks on this offer.

Likely Jamie doesn't waive his NTC for Edmonton either.

Please find me one flaw in the proposal other than “lol it has Lucic in it”. Again, if Dallas were willing to retain 2 million on Benn, retaining 2 million of Lucic makes a LOT more sense

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
Please find me one flaw in the proposal other than “lol it has Lucic in it”. Again, if Dallas were willing to retain 2 million on Benn, retaining 2 million of Lucic makes a LOT more sense

If I'm the Stars GM and the Edmonton GM brings up Lucic, I hang up the phone. Plain and simple he is done and his contract will be very hard to trade, even to a place like Arizona because the team getting it doesn't get enough Cap AAV benefit. Aka, If it's so easy to trade Lucic and retain then you do it.

As far as the rest of the package for Benn, it's just not good enough for a player of his caliber. You are offering:

Lucic: Big minus
Poolparty: Bust
Bear: AHL Fodder
2019 2nd: Decent draft but still a 2nd
2020 1st: Too much of an unknown

If Edmonton wants Benn then they have to give up the 2019 1st. And it needs to start from there.

Reactions: Szechwan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad