Line Combos: Jamie Benn, Ales Hemsky to undergo offseason hip surgery; Sidelined for 4-5 months

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010

Wow. Makes his season that much more impressive. Glad that he's getting this taken care of.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Klingberg, Nichuskin, Benn, and Hemsky all with hip surgeries in the same year? Somethings isn't right about this.

LowSodium

Jan 4, 2015
Dallas
Klingberg, Nichuskin, Benn, and Hemsky all with hip surgeries in the same year? Somethings isn't right about this.

Yeah I don't get it either, all seems to be the same problem. Maybe they're implanting terminator legs or something like that. Seguin's knee injury was just a guise to get the surgery done.

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
Good on both of them for playing through it. Especially Jamie with his ridiculous play down the stretch. I don't think it's possible to be any more happy with a player.

Four hip surgeries for a team in only a year though, that's got to be some kind of record (obviously not one a team would want).

Timani

Good on both of them for playing through it. Especially Jamie with his ridiculous play down the stretch. I don't think it's possible to be any more happy with a player.

Four hip surgeries for a team in only a year though, that's got to be some kind of record (obviously not one a team would want).

Maybe they're trying to be the Texas Rangers of Hockey. Too many Injured reserve players for my liking, although the Stars' players fought through it.

beltjones

Dec 4, 2014
www.breakthecipher.com

Please don't post quasi-conspiracy theory stuff.

Look up FAI. It's a chronic hip condition that comes on in childhood. As many as 20% of the population may have it, but most will never feel symptoms because their activity level won't cause discomfort.

My hunch is that plenty of guys play with pain for years, but most don't opt for the surgery. If Klingberg and Nichushkin had good outcomes that could influence the decision of Benn and Hemsky to go through it as well.

Clardz

Jan 25, 2013
DFW
Think about the impact from the kind of hits pro hockey players give and take nearly every day from games and practice. That's all on top of the strain/wear/tear that comes from starting, stoppping, sudden changes in direction, shooting, and so on. I feel sore after most beer league games, it's hard to imagine what pros go through. Doesn't seem surprising at all to see so many guys needing hip surgery

img14169141.jpg

Last edited:

beltjones

Dec 4, 2014
www.breakthecipher.com
Please don't post quasi-conspiracy theory stuff.

Look up FAI. It's a chronic hip condition that comes on in childhood. As many as 20% of the population may have it, but most will never feel symptoms because their activity level won't cause discomfort.

My hunch is that plenty of guys play with pain for years, but most don't opt for the surgery. If Klingberg and Nichushkin had good outcomes that could influence the decision of Benn and Hemsky to go through it as well.

Hmmm, somehow I knew exactly what hip issue the Stars were facing, while most of you guys were posting silly theories about skating coaches and other assorted conspiracies.

http://starsblog.dallasnews.com/201...in-great-shape-after-second-hip-surgery.html/

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad