News Article: Jamie Baker (TV) and Bret Hedican (radio)

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I'm gonna miss Drew but I'm happy they chose Baker to replace him, I like him a lot!

68 Z-28

Jul 10, 2007
Under the Tank
very happy about Bakes getting the spot. I like him and didn't get to hear him enough because I watched the games more than listened.

http://sharks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=729139
Not sure how I feel about Brown's expanded role on the pre and post game live shows.
Additionally, former Shark and 12-year NHL veteran Curtis Brown will serve as lead analyst for Comcast SportsNet California’s “Sharks Pregame Live” and Sharks Postgame Live” shows.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
I'm guessing Brodie Brazil will become the 'between the glass' guy

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Also in linked Sharks story: CSNCA to have 70 games. (Plus the 13 on NBC/NBCSN, so I'm guessing there's one non-exclusive game? Although now they're saying it's 12 games :dunno:)

And Brodie Brazil to host SharkByte

bigwillie

Jul 14, 2006
Portland, OR
This pleases me. Both have earned their shots - Hedi in a full-time color role and Jamie on TV. I'm very happy they didn't reach for someone outside the org.

Losing Drew still hurts but Bakes is a damn fine replacement.

Awesome. Again, I'll miss Drew but Brodie has earned his shot here, and will do an excellent job.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
The first Smart decision the Sharks have made this offseason. Loved Jamie on color last year and he already has chemistry with Randy. I was really fearing that they were going to bring in someone from the outside and I'm happy they didn't.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Also in linked Sharks story: CSNCA to have 70 games. (Plus the 13 on NBC/NBCSN, so I'm guessing there's one non-exclusive game? Although now they're saying it's 12 games :dunno:)

I've been gaining more and more respect from Brodie this year. He's really good at the A's postgame and has always been good with the Sharks. He will be a good Sharkbyte host.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Bakes has earned this and will probably do more for the franchise than Drew did just in terms of community events as I think that was one of the things they wanted more out of from the guys in Randy, Drew, and now Bakes' spot. Hedi will get a nice spot to groom for a possible TV spot down the road being with Rusanowsky. Curtis Brown being full time in the studio is not the best idea but two out of three ain't bad.

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
Good choice. I like it.

Bakes can go on some huge rants / tangents. I'm a bit surprised that's the Sharks’ “different direction”.

Linkster

Beard goggles!
Nov 11, 2010
Coastal Sharkifornia
Brown can do better at making a "personable" on-air connection with the viewers, but all that takes is a little media training. It will all work out fine for the broadcast teams.

The on-ice product, however...

SharksAddict

Dec 21, 2008
Hedi will be missed big time on TV. Brown has been dull and boring in his prior appearances.

Not a huge fan of Baker but assumed he would be the choice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad