Player Discussion James van Riemsdyk

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Here's the full video with lots of nice tributes from former teammates.

Many glowing tributes from many former teammates. And his brothers. And his parents.

It is telling, and in a good way, that's so many tributes came from so many former and current teammates and coaches.

I also have no idea that he was American.

I must confess that when he was the hot young commodity, I didn't get it.. I thought there was a lot of hype around him with the flyers.

I had no idea how seriously he has taken fitness and the essentials which career longevity requires.

Pretty special, he can still do it, and I hope the Bruins resign him.

Not every long tooth is dispensable.

Last edited:
Reactions: BMC

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I predicted 16 goals 32 points for JVR before the season started. I had little hope that he'd be a significant contributor... Roster spackle with a few greasy goals.

He hit my point total by the end of January. I was ready to eat shit on my pessimistic prediction and admit wrong. This guy was far better than I thought he'd be.

But the last two months? Worse than I had ever feared. He still has yet to hit my modest goal prediction and has points in only four games since the beginning of February. Never been a fan of his five on five play, but adding to it being a total non-factor on the scoresheet?

This is something that needs to be figured out.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
I take what I said about re-signing him back, he's fallen off a cliff

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I predicted 16 goals 32 points for JVR before the season started. I had little hope that he'd be a significant contributor... Roster spackle with a few greasy goals.

He hit my point total by the end of January. I was ready to eat shit on my pessimistic prediction and admit wrong. This guy was far better than I thought he'd be.

But the last two months? Worse than I had ever feared. He still has yet to hit my modest goal prediction and has points in only four games since the beginning of February. Never been a fan of his five on five play, but adding to it being a total non-factor on the scoresheet?

This is something that needs to be figured out.

I think from here on out, Brazeau takes over that spot. Younger legs, bigger size, similar role expected.

They got what they could out of JVR and it looks now like that ship has ran ashore. And IMO that's ok - the team got some mileage out of him in the 1st half of the season until a replacement came along.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I'd shut him down, then after a good 3 or 4 weeks of rest of we're deep in the playoffs and have injuries or need a jolt to the lineup or need a body to tip in PP goals, you insert him completely fresh.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
he`s hit a wall and it doesn`t look good

I'd shut him down, then after a good 3 or 4 weeks of rest of we're deep in the playoffs and have injuries or need a jolt to the lineup or need a body to tip in PP goals, you insert him completely fresh.
if playoffs started today, he`d be viewing from the 9th floor for me

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad