Friedman: James van Riemsdyk to DET - UPDATE: Miller and Johnston: "JvR NOT going to DET"

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
Tbh...this no-trade of JVR is probably the best result possible for the Flyers organization as a whole.

Not being able to complete a trade of this type for any GM is kind of a black mark...sooo...Flyer's owners, I present to you, your incapable GM. Do your thing.
The owners don't care at all.

Reactions: Amorgus

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Tbh...this no-trade of JVR is probably the best result possible for the Flyers organization as a whole.

Not being able to complete a trade of this type for any GM is kind of a black mark...sooo...Flyer's owners, I present to you, your incapable GM. Do your thing.
Nothing will happen. The owners are cable people not hockey people.

The ownership has acted clueless to every move Fletcher has or hasn’t made.

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
Nothing will happen. The owners are cable people not hockey people.

The ownership has acted clueless to every move Fletcher has or hasn’t made.
this non-move of a real asset, resulting in zero return, is something any business person will understand. whether they run a chocolate banana street cart or a cable company, it requires no understanding of hockey period.

and if not...well, all the fans will have their final answer too.

Inspiration

Jul 10, 2013
It will be interesting when the story on this comes out. Fletcher is going to take a lot of heat for not trading JvR, so I'll assume he'll leak his side of the story as a form of damage control.

Reactions: captainpaxil

Pelle31

Apr 3, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
The owners don't care at all.
Well as much as I'd like to see Bedard in a Flyers uniform I hope they don't get him because the management will definitely ruin his career. The only way things will change is if season ticket holders don't renew their seats and the fans stop going to the games. I've been a fan of this team for over 45 years and it's truly pathetic how Comcast and Fletcher are running this team. Ed Snider will rolling over in his grave to see what happened to the team he owned and built. Get rid of Fletcher and Dave Scott!

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
I really hope this gets more national attention in the NHL. People really need to know that Chuck Fletcher is a special sort of bad. Benning's time in Vancouver? What Hextall is doing to the Penguins now? Nothing in comparison.
I agree. Flyer fans have been saying all along how bad Fletcher is. It is good now that everyone can really see what kind of joke the franchise has become. This is comical.

Fletcher probably won't be fired. They'll just move him up in the organization to become assistant to the team president or something. Gotta keep the yes men there for Clarke. Then they will replace him with another insider who won't do anything to help the team compete for a Cup.

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
Well as much as I'd like to see Bedard in a Flyers uniform I hope they don't get him because the management will definitely ruin his career. The only way things will change is if season ticket holders don't renew their seats and the fans stop going to the games. I've been a fan of this team for over 45 years and it's truly pathetic how Comcast and Fletcher are running this team. Ed Snider will rolling over in his grave to see what happened to the team he owned and built. Get rid of Fletcher and Dave Scott!
And get rid of all vestiges of the management from Lehigh Valley all the way to Dave Scott, Clarke, and Holmgren at the top.

They need a restraining order on Clarke and Holmgren to not let them anywhere within 100 miles of Philly.

• Love

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad