James Reimer

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
And Bernier won twice as many games as Reimer. And no the Bruins weren't expected to eat up reimer. They aren't an offensive minded team. You better hope the team shows up against Anaheim or Reimer will look real bad.

One would like to think you'd be hoping the team shows up too, if you really are a leafs fan. Can't see why you'd want them to be bad just to prove an argument.

Obviously Bernier is gonna get some criticism. He's waltzing into a team and trying to steal the number one position from a goaltender that took that very team to the playoffs the year before and he's only one win above 500 while getting the majority of the starts from that goaltender. He better get some harsh criticism or else we aren't doing our job (relatively speaking).

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Bernier has a long way to go...

To be the number one. Nothing has changed for me. If the playoffs started tomm., I am putting Reimer in the big game. Our defense is still suspect and as always we rely heavily on goaltending to single handily(Cujo,Belfour) win games. 10 games is too little to judge Bernier, but he hasn't stolen anything yet, not even close.

Leivo! Don't hit Jim in the head Bozo!

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
For people who were upset about Reimer not starting the last few games

@jonasTSN1050
James Reimer tells me he's been battling the flu. Likely why Jonathan Bernier made the past two starts. No remaining symptoms though.

There's your reason why.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Reimer should get the nod tomorrow night, then Bernier against the Pens.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
This guy really needs to help this team. He was (one of) our most valuable players last season and we were chanting his name more than a few times at the ACC. Now he's become a distant memory replaced by a 500 goaltender.

Jer416

Oct 8, 2013
Ontario
This guy really needs to help this team. He was (one of) our most valuable players last season and we were chanting his name more than a few times at the ACC. Now he's become a distant memory replaced by a 500 goaltender.

I wouldnt say Bernier's a 500 goaltender...I really doubt Reimer could have done anything better if he had the team that's shown up the past few games playing in front of him. I do agree that Reimer should get a start soon though, probably tomorrow.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
If Reimer doesn't against Pittsburgh is that a sign that Carlyle has more faith in Bernier? It's a back to back situation just like the Leafs first two games of the season when both played. Plus if Reimer was healthy enough to back up Bernier after getting injured last week, wouldn't he be ok enough to at least start?

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Bernier below .900 over the past five games. Don't understand how Reimer doesn't start soon unless his neck is still sore.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Bernier below .900 over the past five games. Don't understand how Reimer doesn't start soon unless his neck is still sore.
If Reimer is still hurt why is he at least backing up right now? At anytime Bernier could get injured (which I hope doesn't happen) and we can't have Reimer not coming in at 100%.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Really wanna give him a fair shake. I don't know why but I prefer him to Bernier.

Sorry in advance I never read the op just took it as a general reimer thread

Mar 26, 2010
Reimer is the guy who should be starting. Bernier has been average at best, and I believe if Reims is healthy he will take the #1 job.

Snow Dog

Victorious
Jan 3, 2013
GTA
I wouldnt say Bernier's a 500 goaltender...I really doubt Reimer could have done anything better if he had the team that's shown up the past few games playing in front of him. I do agree that Reimer should get a start soon though, probably tomorrow.

Maybe the team plays better with Reimer in net.

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
Reimer is playing as usual... the #1

no surprise when he goes back to his spot eventually
sigh, Bernier fan boys cya

JGuardz

Dec 22, 2009
Another day at the office for Reimer. 30+ shots, no problem. Bernier is a technically superior goalie, but Reimer is a battler and that's why he doesn't crumble.

Its fantastic having 2 great goaltenders

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
Reimer is playing as usual... the #1

no surprise when he goes back to his spot eventually
sigh, Bernier fan boys cya

Can't we just be happy that we got 2 goalies that can both play as #1's? :help:

All this #teambernier, #teamreimer, is getting old. If they keep playing like they are right now, I'm confidant in both of them.

Lisa Needs Braces

Apr 7, 2004
I figure Reimer will get the next start. He played well, we won.

Berniers had the last few starts and wasn't super solid so we'll roll with Reimer for a bit I think.

And since its floating around that we should trade Reimer to Edmonton....if I'm Nonis, Reimer goes nowhere unless either Yakupov or Eberle is coming our way, which let's face it, is unlikely. We should roll all year with these two and potentially look at an offseason trade if we're that desperate. It doesn't hurt to have two solid goaltenders on the team, and we don't have massively glaring holes that warrant us trading one of them.

Radiohead

Street Spirit
Sep 6, 2008
And since its floating around that we should trade Reimer to Edmonton....if I'm Nonis, Reimer goes nowhere unless either Yakupov or Eberle is coming our way, which let's face it, is unlikely. We should roll all year with these two and potentially look at an offseason trade if we're that desperate. It doesn't hurt to have two solid goaltenders on the team, and we don't have massively glaring holes that warrant us trading one of them.

Yakupov and Eberle would be redundant on this roster. We would need to find a third team in this hypothetical scenario.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad