James Neal fined for diving

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
its not about the money. Its the fact that the NHL itself has publicly called him a diver.

btw my money is on Gallagher to be next.....

Yeah the shame probably hurts more than the money. The money is pocket-change for him, but it has a symbolic value in this case.

That said, maybe Neal just laugh it off, it was a regular season game, no big deal.

TerminatorBlue

Nov 11, 2007
Canada
RaggedBewitchedAmericanbittern.gif

peter-skins-his-knee-family-guy.gif

That's pretty bad.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Seriously, add a couple zero's to that number and he will never do it again.

Yeah. Cause giving a person a bill of 200 000 dollars for diving in a hockey game surely seems reasonable.

I never really understood this stupid jealous thing. A person with money should pay more cause you are broke? How does that seem fair. And yes, I am in full support of progressive taxing and live in Finland where fines are based on income. But seriously? I hope you are trying to pass this as a joke or you are completely attached from reality.

Just cause a person is able to make a lot of money does not mean he should have that money taken away from him cause you feel bad. How about we fine you based on the amount of money you have saved up?

That said. I'm glad they this decision and the public shame will likely work better than any fines.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Hopefully he'll learn from this. He's not the only person to dive and he sure as hell won't be the last.

With that said, WTF was he thinking?? I like Neal but c'mon...that was just nonsense.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Couldn't happen to a bigger Dbag. Glad his name is in as first ever.

Lobstertainment

Oh no, my brains.
Nov 26, 2003
Toronto
This makes his dive even worse. It was bad enough on it's own but the fine means he was warned earlier this year about diving and still did that. What an idiot.

Roland of Gilead

The Gunslinger
May 18, 2007
Dark Tower
Im glad he´s fined, but I don´t know if that matters him at all.

The biggest diver in the recent years has been Sidney Crosby, there is no question about it. Youtube is full of his diving "beautys".
This is really funny:

TheBleedingEdge

Feb 13, 2012
I think the chirping of other players, having a known reputation with the refs along with a public calling out will keep this sport from turning into soccer/football.

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
this is stupid, the rule is stupid

maybe the stick hit on his armstring and gave him aweful pain.

I know that from experience you try to spread the pain by reacting very quickly and increasing your blood flow. much like when you get hit in the ballzzzzz and you start jumping.

What's an armstring?

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
Yeah. Cause giving a person a bill of 200 000 dollars for diving in a hockey game surely seems reasonable.

I never really understood this stupid jealous thing. A person with money should pay more cause you are broke? How does that seem fair. And yes, I am in full support of progressive taxing and live in Finland where fines are based on income. But seriously? I hope you are trying to pass this as a joke or you are completely attached from reality.

Just cause a person is able to make a lot of money does not mean he should have that money taken away from him cause you feel bad. How about we fine you based on the amount of money you have saved up?

That said. I'm glad they this decision and the public shame will likely work better than any fines.

You seem to be reading an awful lot into the simple statement that if the fine was bigger it would be more likely to stop the behavior. Reading your post seemed like reading political commentary.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
There have to be some Red Wings on that list

Franzen is the only player who has a reputation for that, and maybe Abdelkader could be on there for a couple of embellishments.

The Wings being a more skilled than gritty team does not automatically make them divers.

tampa pred

Jul 8, 2014
Probably just my perception, but I've always thought that Vancouver was the worst diving team in the league. Every time that I watch a Van game, it looks like there is a sniper in the rafters taking shots at their players.

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
It is about time.

I am so sick of seeing players dive and embellish.

Have some respect for yourself and the game.

kingdok

Jun 8, 2004
I'll never really understand the witch hunt against diving/embellishing.

Yes it looks kinda dumb, but what damage does it do really? No players gets injured. Refs see it more often then not, especially if the player has a reputation for it. I don't think it has particularly become worst then it used to. I also don't think it ruin the integrity or reputation of the sport, I mean, there's embellisment in other healthy sports and a highlight of a player diving makes the player look foolish, not the league.

Plus, everyone likes to watch diving highlights.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
I'll never really understand the witch hunt against diving/embellishing.

Yes it looks kinda dumb, but what damage does it do really?
it's bush-league BS

what damage does it do? it can give the diving team a power play if the refs miss the dive, which can have a tremendous effect on the outcome of a game.
duh?

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
Neal still drives a Ferrari 458, plays in the NHL, is better at hockey than anyone here, makes millions of dollars, and also gets more *****.

He don't caar bout no $20K or what you think about his diving.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad