NFL: Jameis Winston suspended 3 games

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Agreed, he helped bring us a NT and I'm forever grateful for that, but I'm just so, so disappointed on how he's carried himself since leaving Tallahassee.

He's been coddled since high school. As a result he's an immature clown off the field.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Winston press conference not well received by many

Tampa Bay Buccaneers QB Jameis Winston says he has 'hard work to do to regain the trust of my fans'

When Winston was asked what he'd say to fans, he said, "I understand that they're disappointed in me. I'm disappointed. I should have never put myself in that situation."

Winston declined to elaborate on the specifics of the night in question. He declined to answer questions about whether he has been evaluated for or is in a program to address alcohol abuse.

When he was asked about a statement he put out in November in which he said he believed "the driver was mistaken," and if he lied or if his memory was unclear, Winston responded, "I don't want to rehash the situation. I want to focus on moving forward," adding that that's why he chose not to appeal the suspension.

Also some of the teammate responses are not being well received as well especially what Lavonte David said

Last edited:

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Fitzpatrick should be the starter until there's reason for him not to be.

He's always been a guy that can play well in stretches. He's accurate and throws with anticipation. I don't think what they're doing right now is all that sustainable though, mainly because their offensive line is not all that great or polished at pass blocking. As the season wears on that's going to show up more often IMO.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Jameis rides pine until further notice when he returns.

Fitz came in and carried (you read that correctly) the Bucs to two pretty big wins. Wins that a lot of us thought were unattainable.

They hammered the Saints (tho guessing by the Browns game they have issues) and beat the defending Super Bowl champions thanks to his big performance. Now they play in what looks like will be a very attainable win aginast the Steelers next week. Mahomes blew the doors off of their defense, no reason why Fitz can't either.

If he reverts back to "let me throw 3 mindnumbingly bad picks. keep my team in it but then throw another one to make sure they're dead" form, then Jameis can have his job back. Maybe this'll teach the dumb**** to act properly.

Sep 19, 2008
He might not be starting when he comes back. Just go with the hot hand.

TB story is just so surprising. I thought it was a one time deal and they would return to form. Koetter was also supposed to be on the hot seat. Yet here this team is out of nowhere making noise. I like it.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He might not be starting when he comes back. Just go with the hot hand.

TB story is just so surprising. I thought it was a one time deal and they would return to form. Koetter was also supposed to be on the hot seat. Yet here this team is out of nowhere making noise. I like it.
TB has talent throughout the roster. Lack consistency at the QB position.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Fitzmagic could still turn into Fitzception and as soon as James is back he will have a short leash.

If anything it will teach Winston to smarten the F up because while he is a very good QB, he's still replaceable.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Fitzmagic could still turn into Fitzception and as soon as James is back he will have a short leash.

If anything it will teach Winston to smarten the F up because while he is a very good QB, he's still replaceable.

Debatable.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
Tough call for the coach
Put Jameis back in and they lose, the locker room will be pissy.
Keep Fitz in and they lose, same issue.
Winning solves all, I'd ride the hot hand...but I think they will cave and go to Jameis

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
TB has talent throughout the roster. Lack consistency at the QB position.

Eh, they still have issues in that secondary. Grimes is good and Hargreaves was a first rounder not that long ago for a reason, but both are banged up. Plus they're still starting Chris Conte, and that's never a good thing.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere

I think as long as TB is in the race for the playoffs or diviion Fitx will play. Even if he has a couple bad games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad