NFL: Jameis Winston suspended 3 games

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
No it's not. This is classic Jameis Winston. Thinking he's above responsibility.

Should have been one game at most.

The complaint was filed w/ private company and the police were never notified. There is no proof it even happened but I get it, its 2018 and allegations=guilty these days.

Dont Toews Me Bro

Mar 20, 2018
Is this over allegedly grabbing a chick? If so, like the Elliot case, there is no evidence and the NFL shouldn't be getting involved unless he is convicted in a court of law unanimously by a jury of his peers.

Reactions: Voight

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I completely forgot about this story. It gets stranger after reading new details:

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
Why'd she go to Buzzfeed, of all places, and not the police?

Also, the supposed third person in the car is serving 15 years in prison for rape and sexual battery. He's appealing that conviction so obviously being in a car where the front seat passenger supposedly (who Darby and Jameis hint was him) grabs a chick's crotch isn't a good look for him.

All kinds of stupid here, including suspending Jameis for 3 games.

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
It’s a Bucs life!

Whether or not you believe he’s guilty, if a good portion of the fan base doesn’t like the guy I think you seriously need to consider moving on.

I’ve given him the benefit of the doubt since he was drafted, but I can’t help but wonder what if we drafted Mariota and didn’t have to deal with any of this controversy that follows Jameis everywhere he goes.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
His 5th year option was already picked up so it's guaranteed for injury at 20 million.

Might be like rg3 where he gets released next offseason if he stinks this year.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
His 5th year option was already picked up so it's guaranteed for injury at 20 million.

Jameis won't stink. He will be his same streaky self which you can win with. He needs to grow the f*** up off the field.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
At some point you have to wonder if the NFL is digging so hard into things like Zeke/Winston just for future leverage in the next CBA. It's definitely something that will be negotiated because it's no benefit to the NFL to have their biggest names suspended over things the police left alone.

Reactions: fin8

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Is this over allegedly grabbing a chick? If so, like the Elliot case, there is no evidence and the NFL shouldn't be getting involved unless he is convicted in a court of law unanimously by a jury of his peers.

NFL is judge/jury/executioner unfortunately. Jameis should have gotten 1 game MAX just for the allegation, & that would be pushing it.

Next CBA the players would be wise to take that power away from Goodell.

I doubt it. People don't realize that despite his faults, hes actually had a really good start to his career. He's set a lot of records for accomplishing what hes done at his age; had he not missed 3 games he'd have had his 3rd straight 4,000 yard season to start his career. Bucs need to continue to build a better team around him to utilize his talent.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
At some point you have to wonder if the NFL is digging so hard into things like Zeke/Winston just for future leverage in the next CBA. It's definitely something that will be negotiated because it's no benefit to the NFL to have their biggest names suspended over things the police left alone.
If I'm the player's association I would be pushing hard to get Goodell's power limited a little bit. He's the omni-potent right now, choosing to suspend players at his own discretion.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
NFL is judge/jury/executioner unfortunately. Jameis should have gotten 1 game MAX just for the allegation, & that would be pushing it.

Next CBA the players would be wise to take that power away from Goodell.

If I'm the player's association I would be pushing hard to get Goodell's power limited a little bit. He's the omni-potent right now, choosing to suspend players at his own discretion.

For sure. This is the part of labour negotiations I hate, where one side oversteps their reasonable bounds just so they have something they "give up" when they come to the table. Digging into these players, dragging their names through the mud, and then suspending them provides NO benefit for anyone involved.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Cases like Zeke's suspension and now this show just why he shouldn't have the power of judge, jury & executioner.

Reactions: fin8

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->