NFL: Jameis Winston suspended 3 games

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The NFL never settles so I'm surprised it's only three games if they found that he did what he was accused of. Yeah, he certainly doesn't sound innocent in that statement.

Reactions: What the Faulk

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Winston is and always has been a POS

First time I have ever seen NFL throw out a ban threat with regard to player violating Personal Conduct Policy

3 games isn't enough by looks of what evidence NFL had (They flat out say in statement he touched the female driver in an inappropriate physical and sexual manner) and fact Winston is not fighting this while putting out that weak ass apology is further damning

Last edited:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Another garbage authoritarian suspension by the NFL.

Should have been one game at most.

The complaint was filed w/ private company and the police were never notified. There is no proof it even happened but I get it, its 2018 and allegations=guilty these days.

NFL is judge/jury/executioner unfortunately. Jameis should have gotten 1 game MAX just for the allegation, & that would be pushing it.

Next CBA the players would be wise to take that power away from Goodell..

Cases like Zeke's suspension and now this show just why he shouldn't have the power of judge, jury & executioner.

Still going to White Knight for Winston?

Dont Toews Me Bro

Mar 20, 2018
I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt but his statement makes it sound like he's guilty. If that's the case, 3 games isn't enough, especially because Brady got more for allegedly deflating footballs.

Tampa was foolish to take a headcase like Winston. This guy had all the red flags coming out of college but for whatever reason they chose to ignore them. Now they will pay.

I'm keeping the victim in my thoughts and prayers.

Reactions: fin8

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
As a die hard FSU and Bucs fan, I can’t in good conscience support him as the Bucs starting QB. I appreciate he is trying to improve, but I can’t look past this mistake when he is supposed to be a community leader.

I will not support the team until he is gone. I can’t.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Tampa really needs to move on from him. A total POS and he's not even that good anyways.

Dont Toews Me Bro

Mar 20, 2018
Tampa really needs to move on from him. A total POS and he's not even that good anyways.

Yep, he's not worth the hassle. Bucs just need to admit their mistake and cut their losses. It will be interesting to see if another team throws him a bone.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Guy's a mook.

I feel for the Bucs fans, being saddled with his ass for a five year stretch while they hope and pray he'll stop behaving like this.

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
They can do what the Redskins did with RG3. Just put him on ice.
Pretty much what I’m hoping for at this point.

If the season goes as projected (not very good), this Bucs team is going to look a whole lot different in 2019.

Koetter, Winston, Licht all gone. Oh and I believe next year the Bucs can change their uniforms again (5 year wait period between updates finally passes) so really praying they ditch this set ASAP. Go back to the 1998-2012 sets, please.

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
Are you kidding me? He sucks. A bust. When you miss on QB with a pick that high, it sets your franchise back for 10 years.
I definitely wouldn’t say he sucks. On the field I actually think he has the make up to win a Super Bowl. But off the field he sucks and that’s why I want him gone.

member 157595

As a die hard FSU and Bucs fan, I can’t in good conscience support him as the Bucs starting QB. I appreciate he is trying to improve, but I can’t look past this mistake when he is supposed to be a community leader.

I will not support the team until he is gone. I can’t.

Agreed, he helped bring us a NT and I'm forever grateful for that, but I'm just so, so disappointed on how he's carried himself since leaving Tallahassee.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
Tampa was foolish to take a headcase like Winston. This guy had all the red flags coming out of college but for whatever reason they chose to ignore them. Now they will pay.
if he was really good it's a non-issue ala Roethlisberger
but he's not...probably in the bottom 3rd of all NFL QBs

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
No worries, you can't stop the Fitz Magic.

Ryan-Fitzpatrick-1260x800.jpg

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
He has not been in any of the pre season promotional ads, not even mention or pictured anywhere in the Bucs site/app from past month. And for the first time since he was drafted, of the 4 player murals that go up on each corner or the stadium, he is not one of the players on there. Very telling that they wouldn’t include their starting qb in that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad