Jakub Voracek

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
It may not be the most popular comment in here, but idc.. Jake is extremely close to as good as Giroux. That isnt just based on 8 games this year. He is the best possession player on the team. He has size and incredible skill and skating. Its impressive to watch. He can simply dominate games. He has improved every year too. He is an elite winger in the NHL, and there arent many I would take over him.

just about sums it up.....

Flyrs21

Dec 17, 2006
I love Voracek but am I the only one that doesn't get excited when he's about to shoot because i don't expect it to go in to the net? Lol:laugh:

bb12

Aug 21, 2014
USA
i think i can speak for a few people who know what its like to buy a jersey then the player gets traded. Happened to me with both carter and richards as well as Jagr.

Anyways. Ive wanted a jake one for a while now and was hoping he'd be someone who becomes untouchable. I went to the game and was in philly this weekend, i didnt want to buy one at the rink because its 30-40 more. NO stores had a 93 jersey! Schenn, Giroux and mason only. Why does this get get 0 repsect around the league? He literally might be the most underrated player in the nhl!

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Voracek Corsi relative:

12-13: 17.5 (19th amongst NHL Forwards)
13-14: 21.2 (1st amongst NHL Forwards)
14-15: 28.5 (1st amongst NHL Forwards)

But, but, let's trade Schenn and Couts because they're not 1st line caliber!

Voracek's development should be a lesson in player development, these guys don't show up on day 1 and become stars (ok, Gretzky), they develop over a number of years and have to physically and emotionally mature to reach their peak.

So as long as they have talent and the work ethic to improve, focus on their development, not their shortcomings.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
But, but, let's trade Schenn and Couts because they're not 1st line caliber!

Voracek's development should be a lesson in player development, these guys don't show up on day 1 and become stars (ok, Gretzky), they develop over a number of years and have to physically and emotionally mature to reach their peak.

So as long as they have talent and the work ethic to improve, focus on their development, not their shortcomings.

Of course it is important to let the players develop properly, but there are reasons why players might not be successful right away, ex. Ice-time, linemates, injuries, physical development.

But certain players just don't have the skill set to meet lofty expectations. If we expect Couturier to put up 70 points a year, and shutdown D, you will be disappointed. If we expect B. Schenn to be a PPG LW that will solve our LW problems, you will be disappointed.

Not all players develop to their full potential. It just happens, people will struggle for various reasons. Sometimes it is better to sell high than not at all. I am a B. Schenn hater. I don't think he will ever be more than an ordinary 2nd line LW at the best. If we trade Schenn I will not be angry as long as the return is somewhat acceptable. Couturier on the other hand, I consider almost untouchable.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Schenn could be the answer to our LW problems without being a PPG player.

He's a "2nd line LW" because he's currently on the 2nd line, it's not like he's not good enough to be on the top line.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Schenn could be the answer to our LW problems without being a PPG player.

He's a "2nd line LW" because he's currently on the 2nd line, it's not like he's not good enough to be on the top line.

Yeah, the notion that we need a superstar LWer to complete that line is asinine to me.

You don't need three superstars on one line. A good finisher is all they need. Both Schenn and Raffl are adequate 1LWs given who else is on that line. There's truly no issue there.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Yeah, the notion that we need a superstar LWer to complete that line is asinine to me.

You don't need three superstars on one line. A good finisher is all they need. Both Schenn and Raffl are adequate 1LWs. There's truly no issue there.

Raffl is not a 1LW whatsoever. B. Schenn is considered a low-end 1LW statistically.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

You don't need three superstars on one line. A good finisher is all they need. Both Schenn and Raffl are adequate 1LWs. There's truly no issue there.

Yup. I don't think LW is a serious position of need for us now that Schenn has successfully transitioned to that position. Obviously it'd be nice to have a top tier player on the 1st line with G and Voracek so they can score 10 goals per game, but that would just be a luxury. Raffl, Schenn, and Read are perfectly fine as our top 9 LW's in my mind.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Raffl is not a 1LW whatsoever. B. Schenn is considered a low-end 1LW statistically.

He's more than adequate as a 1LW alongside Giroux and Voracek.

You guys want someone like EKane alongside those two. Can you name one line in the league with that kind of firepower?

Getzlaf and Perry play alongside Beleskey or Pat Maroon. Ducks fans don't complain about that. I don't know why we do.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I know its common around here right now, but I don't agree with most of the Raffl criticisms. His "lack of finishing" is seriously exaggerated, every time he takes a shot and it's not a goal there's a slew of comments saying he can't finish. Usually they're just average chances that aren't situations where you would expect a goal, the same kinds of chances that any player will miss most of the time. Not even players like G and Voracek are immune to missing prime chances once in a while, that doesn't mean that a player has no finish.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
I know its common around here right now, but I don't agree with most of the Raffl criticisms. His "lack of finishing" is seriously exaggerated, every time he takes a shot and it's not a goal there's a slew of comments saying he can't finish. Usually they're just average chances that aren't situations where you would expect a goal, the same kinds of chances that any player will miss most of the time. Not even players like G and Voracek are immune to missing prime chances once in a while, that doesn't mean that a player has no finish.

I will agree that Raffl gets unwarranted criticism, despite my earlier post, I believe Raffl is a more effective player than B.Schenn of course I think I am in the minority. When I said Raffl isn't a 1st line LW, I am not saying he is terrible I just think he would be more effective on Couturier's wing.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I will agree that Raffl gets unwarranted criticism, despite my earlier post, I believe Raffl is a more effective player than B.Schenn of course I think I am in the minority. When I said Raffl isn't a 1st line LW, I am not saying he is terrible I just think he would be more effective on Couturier's wing.

If we had another option at LW it'd be nice to have a Raffl-Couturier-Read line that's both good offensively and defensively, but there's really no other option right now. The only other person who I'd want on the top line over Raffl would be Schenn but he's looked good with Simmonds and Laughton so no reason to move him.

RJ8812*

Raffl is fine on the 1st line right now since we arent anywhere close to contenders

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Even if we were contenders he'd be fine there, it's not like the line isn't producing.

I'd understand that logic if you were talking about Umberger, but I don't think Raffl is a problem at all.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Contenders' top lines:

Hornqvist-Crosby-Kunitz
Maroon/Beleskey-Geztlaf-Perry
Saad-Toews-Hossa
Filpulla/Killorn-Stamkos-Callahan
Williams/Carter-Kopitar-Gaborik

Raffl-Giroux-Voracek is not inferior to any of those lines.

Let me put it this way-- it's not like Voracek and Giroux are going to be putting up 110 points a year. They're already operating at maximum capacity with Raffl. Finding a better winger for them isn't going to make them any more productive.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I don't know, that LA line is freaking insane when everyone's healthy. I'd give an easy edge to Chicago too.

But other than, you know, the top lines on the deepest teams in the league :)laugh:), your point stands. Most teams don't even have a duo that can dream of being Giroux-Voracek.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad