Jakub Voracek

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
He's becoming one of my favorite Flyers.

I don't think he'll be (close to) PPG player like he was last year, but I think he can be a dependable 50+ player throughout his prime here in Philly.

Some people don't like him with Giroux but I like the two of them together.

He's so fun to watch when he's on his game. Speed, shiftiness, playmaking and his board play are some of the best on the team. He's probably the best Flyer at gaining possession in the offensive zone.

Sometimes he makes some boneheaded plays, but I view him as a core player, and I think the Flyers do as well.

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
He's on pace for about, 25 goals, 60 points this year, and while I don't really see him becoming a PPG player again, I don't think around 70 points during a good year is out of the question. He's one of the better puck possession players, and one of the better skaters on our team. I think he could work on any line, although his game does seem to compliment G nicely.

tuckrr

Nov 28, 2008
Man when he's skating like he did today, and when he boxes people out.. he can be untouchable! If only he could sustain that energy level

Giroux tha Damaja

Apr 17, 2009
Mount Holly, NJ
The best is watching him skate up the half wall and sort of coast and slow down right at the top fo the circle, and right when the defender has matched his pace and slowed down, he turns his feet over and bursts towars the area behind the opposition's net.

He carried the puck from his own zone behind the othe team's goal line three or four times tonight just by putting d-men to sleep like that. And it' hard to blame them becaue if they keep going when he slows down he will cut to the slot. Kind of leaves all but the speedier defenders in a bad spot.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Voracek has been great for the last 20 games or so. I feel like he can be a 70+ point player in his prime here in Philly. He is currently on pace to score 60 points despite having only 4 points in his first 14 games.

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
Guy is a speedy, shifty mother****er.

Still would much rather see him on a different line. For next year he could switch places with Simmonds.

His zone entries would be much more benefical for some other guys like B.Schenn or Scott Hartnell when Giroux is capable of doing the same.

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
I would love to see Jake moved off of Roo's line at some point, I think he can maintain his scoring or increase it a bit on his own, it would be awesome to have two very dangerous lines who can score when needed,
I do love me some Vorabeast though he's uber fun to watch when he starts skating and watching him on the boards is awesome

Wings4Life

Apr 11, 2007
Ov Steamrolls Jagr!
Hey guys, Wings fan coming in peace. Haven't watched much of the Flyers this year, only highlights really, but is Voracek playing injured lately? If not, what is the deal with him (coasting before the Olympics maybe??), he has 1G 3A in his last 10 games, and only 1 point in his last 5...

Having watched him on a couple of occasions last year (he looked quite good every time I tuned in), I guess I was expecting a better performance this year.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Hey guys, Wings fan coming in peace. Haven't watched much of the Flyers this year, only highlights really, but is Voracek playing injured lately? If not, what is the deal with him (coasting before the Olympics maybe??), he has 1G 3A in his last 10 games, and only 1 point in his last 5...

Having watched him on a couple of occasions last year (he looked quite good every time I tuned in), I guess I was expecting a better performance this year.

He took a slash against the Islanders not too long ago and he didn't come back to play the third. It probably is still bothering him since the game wasn't all too long ago. He is still busting his tail off skating but sometimes seems to have trouble with the puck on his stick. Probably due to the slash.

The Couturier Effect

Aug 8, 2012

Yeah as Prongo said, he hasn't really been the same since he got slashed against the Isles, but he's still been playing pretty well for the most part.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Yeh, he looks the same skating, on a cycle, on the boards etc, (he also played very well defensively today... he is up and down in that regard, one game looks a great winger defensively the next looks like Zherdev (heavy exaggeration)) just having trouble with the puck and shooting.

zarley zelepukin

Oct 25, 2008
Norristown, PA
Ding ding ding. They need a pure goal scorer of an order above Hartnell.

I think, ideally, they would replace Voracek with the pure goal scorer and let Jake set up guys on the second line.

I think he's a valuable player, but I wouldn't call him a core guy at this point. He probably has the talent to become one but I'm not sold that he'll become a noticeably better player than he is now.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
I think, ideally, they would replace Voracek with the pure goal scorer and let Jake set up guys on the second line.

I think he's a valuable player, but I wouldn't call him a core guy at this point. He probably has the talent to become one but I'm not sold that he'll become a noticeably better player than he is now.

Which is a 1st line winger...

Even before coming here he was a 2nd/1st line tweener.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
The second best player on a first line, which is pretty good. I'm not saying he isn't valuable.

Considering who the first best player is, that really isn't saying much though. Giroux's point totals over the past 4 years now are pretty incredible, not many players have more (total points or even ppg numbers). He's definitely a top 10 offensive player. My point is Jake could be an All-Star and he'd still be the second best player on the first line.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Pretty much, Brayden Schenn could be a 25 to 30 goal scorer with talented playmaker like Giroux or Voracek next to him. I think it's time to admit Schenn is a center & unless they move Giroux out of the center spot it's looking like you move Voracek down to play with him if you can acquire another player to play with Giroux who can put the puck in the net.

I doubt it shakes out that way but that would be pretty ideal.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Considering who the first best player is, that really isn't saying much though. Giroux's point totals over the past 4 years now are pretty incredible, not many players have more (total points or even ppg numbers). He's definitely a top 10 offensive player. My point is Jake could be an All-Star and he'd still be the second best player on the first line.

He went top 10 in points in the last 5 years a few games back! :amazed:

That includes a 47 point year!

He is also 28th in PPG since he entered the league... I imagine by the end of the year he will be ~22nd-23rd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad