Waived: Jakub Kindl

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
This is fact. They put up stats last game:

PKing ranked 8th with D. Miller
PKing ranked 29th for the time Miller was missing.

Maybe just lucky and small data points. But I am sure his absence was at least a partial factor in this department, because that is a significant drop.
That is huge.
He is really important guy for our PK.

Did get injured - Shea Weber scored PP hattrick on next game.

Did came back - our PK is instantly 100% against Sharks and they weren't even near at scoring or getting quality chances.
Good. Great.
About Miller:

I don't mind Miller, he doesn't have a high cap hit, and he does his job well.

He's very good on the pk, and doesn't hurt 5v5.

Edit: if he were offered around the league, I think most on this board would be surprised at the return.
In what way?

Actual Thought*

It sounds like if Kindl doesn't get claimed, Wings will still be in cap hell and will need to make another move. Not sure who they get rid of if Kindl clears. Maybe Drew Miller?

Ummm....No. Look at how their PK suffered without Miller. You don't waive one of the best shot blockers in the NHL.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
just looking at this season, you think it's 100% pure coincidence that the wings pk dropped like a rock as soon as miller was out

There are other variables. It was also around the time net goaltending save percentage dropped. The shots on net stayed around the same from before and after, Millet's net shot suppression isn't all that great, but our net goaltending went down for a while and the PK suffered as a result.

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
There's no any kind of cap hell if Franzen stays whole season on LTIR.

All this cap management is most probably based on possible Larkin bonuses. That could cause something at next year, if bonuses can't fit under current season LTIR? But I think Eichel is gonna get the Calder and we avoid the 2M bonus.

His AAV is roughly $1.4 MM, $350K bonus potential and $925 or $950K. The present cap hit is the total that's possible for him to earn if he hits his bonus numbers.

If he wins the Calder or is in the top three for voting, he can get NHL bonus money, but this doesn't count against the Wings' cap space. It does get included the league wide 50/50 share between the NHLPA and NHL.

So worst case seems to be that the Wings carry over $350k to next year, if we're just talking Larkin.

HomersWorld

Mar 8, 2012
He is really important guy for our PK.

Did get injured - Shea Weber scored PP hattrick on next game.

Did came back - our PK is instantly 100% against Sharks and they weren't even near at scoring or getting quality chances.

They really missed Miller standing around with a broken stick against the Preds :sarcasm:

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
I never thought this day would come.

Several weird things have happened this year.

Waiving Cleary and Kindl and putting Dylan Larkin on the day 1 roster. All of these are very un-Holland like.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Couldn't even get a 7th for him? Holy ****... :laugh:

I think he'll figure it out somewhere else.

Actual Thought*

There are other variables. It was also around the time net goaltending save percentage dropped. The shots on net stayed around the same from before and after, Millet's net shot suppression isn't all that great, but our net goaltending went down for a while and the PK suffered as a result.

Miller has lead the league in blocked shots for a forward 5 years in a row. His shot suppression is not only great it is the best in the entire NHL. He is an elite penalty killer.

Actual Thought*

I never thought this day would come.

Several weird things have happened this year.

Waiving Cleary and Kindl and putting Dylan Larkin on the day 1 roster. All of these are very un-Holland like.

Circumstances have changed over the last 4-5 years. If you ignore context it may seem "un-Holland-like" but it isn't. The roster and the system are different now. Larkin is a better player that any of the other young forwards. Marchy has gained traction. This isn't a departure from style it is an evolution of circumstances and the response accordingly from a top knotch GM.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
His AAV is roughly $1.4 MM, $350K bonus potential and $925 or $950K. The present cap hit is the total that's possible for him to earn if he hits his bonus numbers.

If he wins the Calder or is in the top three for voting, he can get NHL bonus money, but this doesn't count against the Wings' cap space. It does get included the league wide 50/50 share between the NHLPA and NHL.

So worst case seems to be that the Wings carry over $350k to next year, if we're just talking Larkin.

Any chance we see any of the diggers ask a follow up on that whole "I don't seem to understand how LTIR works" issue? It's kind of important, especially heading into the deadline.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Jets fan here, just came here to point out a few things:

1) Any time a player clears waivers, their value goes up. Not a lot, but it sure does. GMs like having the ability of sending down players without waivers. It adds depth without risk.

2) If he clears waivers and is sent down, you save 950k on cap hit only. Actual salary stays the same. I'm unsure bout doubtful that you guys have an internal salary cap.

3) I doubt you guys get rid of Kindl's contract without retention. It's a shame because he should be on an NHL roster somewhere. I'm sure you guys would have no issue if his contract was smaller.

This guy would be our #5 on the Jets, but Chevy is in love with Mark Stuart so I doubt anything happens.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad