Jake's next contract

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Maybe I am mistaken, but Pasta’s contract is only RFA years right?

Not that I'm aware of. He'll be 27 when it expires, and most players who enter the league when he did would become UFA around 25 or 26. So it's buying up at least 1, maybe two years of UFA.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Not that I'm aware of. He'll be 27 when it expires, and most players who enter the league when he did would become UFA around 25 or 26. So it's buying up at least 1, maybe two years of UFA.

So a similar scenario if Jake signs for six years. They used Forsberg’s contract as a comparable. So if Jake’s camp uses Pasta as a comparable I see him hitting 7 mil with the inflated cap.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
So a similar scenario if Jake signs for six years. They used Forsberg’s contract as a comparable. So if Jake’s camp uses Pasta as a comparable I see him hitting 7 mil with the inflated cap.

Pastrnak signed his deal coming off a 34 goal, 70 point season. I'm not sure Guentzel's hot playoffs is enough to offset the fact he's coming off a 48 point season in comparison.

Reactions: Shady Machine

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
He is an October birthday and he'll be a UFA at 25 since he'll have 3 years of service so he should have 2 years of RFA left.

His RFA years would be worth maybe 4 million at the most? His UFA years would be maybe...6.5? something like that?

So a 5 year contract would be

(4 + 4 + 6.5 + 6.5 + 6.5) / 5 years = 5.5M/year.

I think that sounds about right. That would suit us for our prime window without him breaking the bank completely and then give him a chance to make serious, serious bank at 28 as a UFA.

CertifiedLurker

Aug 13, 2016
Some people getting ready to pay him $7 mil are nuts. I like him and he's had amazing post-seasons, but he's accomplished most of his peaks with Crosby as his center and in relatively small samples, I can't see him forcing a $7 mil contract as an RFA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad