Value of: Jake Virtanen

Mr Plow

Apr 15, 2016
he just hit a career high with 20pts...draft + 4
need to show a lot more than that to be considered a potential middle 6 forward
40+pts next year would be a huge step

If he develops into a 40 point player I'm okay with that given the speed, physicality and ability to drive possession that he brings. If he can develop into that next year I'll be ecstatic.

He'll probably never live up to his draft position or develop into the Chris Krieder type of player that we all hoped, but if he can get to that 40 point range and provide an impact similar to what Tom Wilson is giving the Caps that would be a fantastic player to have. I'm not 100% confident that he'll ever get there but I'm feeling a lot better about it than this time last year. He is developing, it's just painfully slow.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Yeah all about points right? Playing with Sutter don’t give you any points

When you call someone showing "huge potential" then yes they had better have more than a 20pt pace over those 20 games. Otherwise there's about 60 prospects showing huge potential last year.

WHISTLERNATE

Nov 14, 2017
I get that he is a whipping boy around here, but there is no way that I am trading him at this point. His development since the draft has been derailed by injury, getting rushed to the NHL, coming to camp overweight, and immaturity. I'm not about to make any excuses for him on any of them. Last year he made huge strides with the Canucks, and finally started to put it together in a very sheltered role. I expect that he will play a much bigger role next year, and have much more opportunity to succeed offensively. He may or may not take advantage of these opportunities, but there is no way you give up a 22 yo player with his tools for spare parts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad