Value of: Jake Virtanen

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Personally, I'd be willing to roll the dice on Virtanen. I believe he's still got some upside. Is Vancouver looking to trade him, and if so, what do you think his value is?

As a Hawks fan, I was thinking a 2019 2nd + Oesterle + Forsberg/Berube

How far off is that valuation?

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

QcFlames12

Feb 1, 2012
Would also be interested from a Flames POV. Maybe something around Kylington, or Fox if Van were willing to add a slight touch.

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
I won't pass on a chance for him but he's not going to be worth what Canuck fans think he should be at the moment despite where he was taken at the draft because he can't score and is far from a complete player. o_O

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
The only way the Canucks move Virtanen is for another player who may have fallen out of favour who they feel has as as good a chance to succeed (like Bennett or something)

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I'd offer a 2nd and a decent prospect from the Marlies for him.
He's a longshot but Toronto doesn't have anything like him if he pans out.

Remember2004

Oct 20, 2010
Would also be interested from a Flames POV. Maybe something around Kylington, or Fox if Van were willing to add a slight touch.

I would only trade Fox if he refuses to sign. He looks too good right now to let go but who knows if his game can translate to the big league.

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
I'd offer a 2nd and a decent prospect from the Marlies for him.
He's a longshot but Toronto doesn't have anything like him if he pans out.
Neither do we though so why would we sell so low? He'll be 22 at the start of next season, we all know power forwards take longer to hit their stride. Jake started making strides near the end of next season, I'd rather take a wait and see approach with him unless someone overpays.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Vancouver would be dumb to deal him now. They are all in. He looked better last year and they might as well see if he becomes a useful 3rd liner instead of shipping him out for some spare parts or another teams bust. That kind of move can happen if he falters during the season.

Reactions: cadillaccts

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Neither do we though so why would we sell so low? He'll be 22 at the start of next season, we all know power forwards take longer to hit their stride. Jake started making strides near the end of next season, I'd rather take a wait and see approach with him unless someone overpays.
Selling low?
I'd say that's at or better than his market value.
But I guess to your point, you'd be better off keeping him and hope that he pans out.

puckpilot

Oct 23, 2016
The 'nucks still don't know what he'll be yet. There have been games where he's looked like a world beater, and some--make that a lot--where you didn't even realized he was dressed. But towards the end of the season, he was stringing together more game where he was noticeable.

It seems like Travis Green is slowly but surely getting through to him. With the Sedins retiring, Virtanen will have a bigger opportunity to earn more ice.

So, unless there's an over payment of some sort, the Canucks are better off keeping him and seeing what they really have. Anything else, IMHO, is to risk getting burned in a lot of different ways, especially when it's a local kid, who's a power forward, and was drafted high in the first round. The Canuck Nation is still smarting from the Neely trade.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
He'll go from bust to star powerforward if cuknucks trade him for a 2nd and an ahl prospect.....no deal to be had. he either figures it out in vancouver or they give up on him when the jury's finally in.

Reactions: olli

Brent Burns Beard