Rumor: Jake Virtanen Trade Rumor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
So this is basically just a dump a comtract, because Heinen It’s not a very good hockey player either

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
I haven't watched Heinen at all. But he's got the highest xGF% (55.48) on the Ducks and good possession numbers.
Why is this a bad return? Again haven't watched him. Am I missing something?

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I haven't watched Heinen at all. But he's got the highest xGF% (55.48) on the Ducks and good possession numbers.
Why is this a bad return? Again haven't watched him. Am I missing something?
Isn’t Heinen a high energy player? Kind of the opposite of Jake.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Bad deal if it's Heinen.

Virtanen needs to be restored first and if Green wont do it then can his ass. He's done a horrible job with managing his roster this year.

Benning is nothing if not consistent. Consistently selling at a minimum and buying at the max.

He’s the guy that bought GME at $340 and sold at $45 a couple weeks ago.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
So this is basically just a dump a comtract, because Heinen It’s not a very good hockey player either

Just more piss poor asset management. Virtanen built up some value last season and many were suggesting we trade him in the summer. Green for some reason gave him lower ice time and his production tanked as a result.

There are too many stupid voices in this organization. The GM and coaching staff are not in sync here.

As for this trade. This is a bad sign of a deal goes down because it will show ownership has Benning in their plans going forward (by letting Benning jettison out Virtanen and looking forward to adding whatever in the summer) OR they legitimately believe someone in Heinen is better than Virtanen is. Either rational blows.

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
Gaudette + Virtanen for Heinen + Jones I could see.

Both seem to be on their way out.

LaVal

Dec 13, 2002
Kelowna
I don't know why people are upset that Heinen is the best offer. Jake has 1 point in 19 games for a 2.55 million cap hit. If you're basically trying to get rid of a player, you're only going to get a player in a similar circumstance in return. Nobody is going to give up something they want to keep for him.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
I don't know why people are upset that Heinen is the best offer. Jake has 1 point in 19 games for a 2.55 million cap hit. If you're basically trying to get rid of a player, you're only going to get a player in a similar circumstance in return. Nobody is going to give up something they want to keep for him.

True enough but then his value isn’t going to down anymore either. So be smart, put him on the ice a lot and maybe he finds some sort of game and then move him.

Last edited:
Reactions: bh53 and I am toxic

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
The Canucks won't have the cap space next season to make Heinen's QO (after signing Hughes, Pettersson, and Demko) and still be able to fill out the rest of their roster. This trade essentially sets up the Canucks to walk away from another RFA without getting anything in return.

Seriously, just trade JV for a draft pick, any round, and be done with it.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011

I'm not complaining about Heinen.

I am complaining about the fact that:
1) This trade is being worked on in March 2021 and not any time in 2020 when Virtanen had higher value.
2) They have done nothing in recent weeks to build Virtanen up, or put him in prime situations to build up his stats

They hinted they were going to trade him last year but signed him to a 2 year deal and held onto him until his confidence was run into the ground and are only now looking to trade him.

It's just totally stupid and shows you the thought process of the management group. They have no foresight.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Exactly, he has 4 points in his last 35 games. IDK what people expect.

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
Apparently Heinen is solid defensively. I'd rather a defensively capable bottom sixer than what Virtanen is.

The trade makes sense. I think it might be a Green trade. I think he's about done with Virtanen.

Reactions: geebaan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad