Rumor: Jake Virtanen Trade Rumor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Heinen is on an expiring deal that pays $2.8M this year.

Virtanen has a lower cap hit at $2.55M, but he gets $1.7M this year before jumping to $3.4M next year.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
I haven't watched him but Heinen seems to have fallen off a lot since his rookie season, I know Jake doesn't have a lot of value but he was still a 40p pace player last season. Not sure if Heinen would be the right fit but maybe that's the kind of return we can expect at this point

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Here's Canucks Army's take on Heinen as a possible return for Virtanen:

Heinen’s is one name that has been thrown around a lot in Virtanen trade discussions, though it’s not a particularly appealing one. Picked exactly 110 spots after Virtanen in the 2014 Entry Draft by the Boston Bruins, Heinen burst onto the scene with a 47-point rookie campaign — and then proceeded to regress in every season since then.
The similarities between the two are honestly striking. Both are local products. Both have issues in their own end and cannot be trusted to kill penalties. Both may already have their best days behind them at age 25. In fact, Heinen was already traded for a very Virtanen-esque player last season in Nick Ritchie.
All told, a Virtanen-for-Heinen swap seems very possible. But it also reads like one in which the Canucks are more likely to come out on the wrong end, and it doesn’t seem like it will do much to ease the frustrations of the fanbase.

7 young forwards and high-value draft picks: What can the Anaheim Ducks offer up for Jake Virtanen?

JiffyPB

Oct 11, 2018
Heinen is Spooner 2.0, but at least we can refuse to qualify him. At that point you could either circle back and sign him for a very cheap show-me deal (1.25 mill or less) or just walk and save the salary.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
*HE* ain’t listening to Benning’s prayers.

tenor.gif

It's hilarious that so many fans (including me) have a sense of doom when it appears that Benning is about to make a move of some kind.

ClosedLightheartedItaliangreyhound-size_restricted.gif

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Bad deal if it's Heinen.

Virtanen needs to be restored first and if Green wont do it then can his ass. He's done a horrible job with managing his roster this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad