Player Discussion Jake Virtanen placed on leave of absence from Canucks amid allegations of sexual misconduct

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave92

Oct 9, 2019
Going back to a drunk strangers hotel room, just the two of you, with the intention of turning down sex. Sexual assault is terrible, but this is beyond poor judgement. If you were making a list of ways a young woman could get herself killed this would have to be right near the top.

Won't surprise me at all if Jake is guilty, also won't surprise me at all if she's lying or been convinced by a third party to do this. Going to the media before pressing charges is always suspicious.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
I found out about this on reddit and the title of the post merely said "Vancouver Canucks player."

I immediately figured it was Virtanen who was being accused and, well.

The guy has to be trying for some record of consecutive dumbest decisions or something. (I mean, if he did it, it's not only stupid but also vile and illegal and if he didn't do it, how dumb does he have to be to put himself into a situation where he could be accused? Seriously, that boy ain't right.)

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
If men are considered the aggressors why is it wrong to say they cant be trusted?

I'm not blaming anyone. I'm simply saying people should talk about this and understand that meeting anyone you dont know in a hotel room can jeopardize your safety. What part of that do you disagree with? Please articulate your view.

You are essentially blaming the victim. Men need to do better. Women already know the risks. If a man invites a woman into his hotel room, there is a good chance the sex is implied. However, if at any point the woman says no or does not consent, then the man has to back off.

TraderJim

Um.. like.. you know
Apr 18, 2006
Going back to a drunk strangers hotel room, just the two of you, with the intention of turning down sex. Sexual assault is terrible, but this is beyond poor judgement. If you were making a list of ways a young woman could get herself killed this would have to be right near the top.

My f***ing god. It's pretty clear that some of you aren't educated enough to be discussing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad