Jake Virtanen Part IX: Cheerful...WANTS TO MURDER YOU

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Jesus*

lol Virtanen is such a meathead. I was up in the air about this, and kinda wanted to ice a more veteran team and try to win hockey games. But now that it's been announced, Im pretty happy about it.

Gonna be good seeing a bowling ball on skates in a Nucks jersey again.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Now that he's made the team, should see Virts confidence go up.

I hope he can break out with some offense now the pressure is off. McCann already has 5 goals in his first 9 pro games, Jake has 0 in 18 (/8 and 0/10 in Utica), it would be good to see him finish 15 if he can get a bit more icetime from being on the 2nd line with Sutter and Burrows.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Hope WD lets him make some mistakes offensively though otherwise we are going to see Jake the Grinder instead. Hoping Bo paved that pathway for Virts and McCann too.

brokenhole

Aug 12, 2015
I hope he can break out with some offense now the pressure is off. McCann already has 5 goals in his first 9 pro games, Jake has 0 in 18 (/8 and 0/10 in Utica), it would be good to see him finish 15 if he can get a bit more icetime from being on the 2nd line with Sutter and Burrows.
Gaunce has 1goal in 1 game and is going to get a participaction medal from management with a healthy dose of pine.

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014
First game where he looks like the good Virtanen from juniors. If he can work with Burrows and learn how to cycle we have a beast on our hands.

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
Many levels of sickness in that goal tonight. He gets the pass with 2 flyers ahead, and he beats both of them. And the against-the-grain finish, with how fast he was coming in you can't even blame Mason.

Speed, finish, built like a brick **** -house. It really is a unique blend, at it was all at the fore tonight.

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver
Many levels of sickness in that goal tonight. He gets the pass with 2 flyers ahead, and he beats both of them. And the against-the-grain finish, with how fast he was coming in you can't even blame Mason.

Speed, finish, built like a brick **** -house. It really is a unique blend, at it was all at the fore tonight.

Like Burrows said, you can't teach that! :handclap:

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
50185aa78fb942c7f5ab8c30486134a5.250x189x24.gif

JA

The upload on the Canucks' YouTube page cuts off the first few seconds that start the rush.

The version on the NHL's YouTube page shows the entire sequence, although cuts off the celebration and some of the replay commentary.

Congratulations to Jake Virtanen on Goal #1.

He's had a number of good chances so far. Here's one that the Habs' official YouTube page uploaded...

He has scored a few highlight reel goals from that side in junior.

Here's his first WHL goal:

He's already beginning to do some of the things that made him great in the WHL.

Jake is nowhere near that point yet, but he has only been in the NHL for a month... and he's only 19 (does not turn 20 until August 17, 2016).

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad