Jake Virtanen Part IX: Cheerful...WANTS TO MURDER YOU

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWolf*

May 3, 2015
Man Virtanen gets a chance to come back out on the ice in the last minute and gets ridden off the puck to give up a scoring chance. He's had about as bad a game as you can have as a forward here.

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
He is out there again. unreal and the Finnish player blows by him

and almost scores the 7th goal

get him off the ice please

Lowry is a former Canuck player in the glory years. catch the trend

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
wow i feel bad for him but come on what the hell Jake get your head in the game. If Vancouver keeps Virtanen with in the NHL Canada wins this game

Hyzer

Jimbo is fired - the good guys won
Aug 10, 2012
Vancouver
all i cann say is that virtanen better be grabbing a plane ticket from finland to calgary.

just terrible, TERRIBLE game by him. holy ****. just absolutely dumb decisions. lowest hockey IQ i have seen at world juniors ever.

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
How does that coach continue to put Virtanen out there? I was baffled. The dude takes horrible penalties, is selfish, and is a complete liability defensively.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Kid should never had made the team. Wonder if he wasn't an "NHL player" if they pick up on that in camp.

Makes Benning and the Canucks look even stupider for putting Virtanen on an NHL team.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Still young obviously but wow did he have a terrible tourney. At this moment the pick is looking suspect at best. The organization can ill afford a swing and miss on a 6th overall pick.

Not looking good. But let's see what happens over the next handful of months.

Bieksa#3

Mar 2, 2007
We drafted a 4th liner with the 6th overall pick. His hockey iq will not allow him to be a top 6 player or a defensive checking line player. I don't see how that's something he can improve on? Either you have it or you don't and he's on a whole another level of bad.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Hopefully he gets a plane right back to Calgary- uncle benning will probably try to find some sort of spin for this

He already was a couple games back by saying sometimes NHL guys have trouble going back to less structured hockey. During an intermission on the radio.

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
Absolutely brutal performance today and he will probably have to hear about this for years. Hopefully he learns from this experience and it makes him a better player in the long run.

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
Back to the Dub for Jake "The Rifleman" Virtanen... and if I was running things he'd be spending the year in the ECHL next season where he can learn some discipline and how not to be such a selfish player. Just because your 6th overall pick, doesn't mean you are been gifted a roster spot in the NHL. But Benning disagrees and he's playing 1st line with the Sedins because he's real "gud".

GAT0R

Jul 16, 2014
We drafted a 4th liner with the 6th overall pick. His hockey iq will not allow him to be a top 6 player or a defensive checking line player. I don't see how that's something he can improve on? Either you have it or you don't and he's on a whole another level of bad.

That's very true. The IQ can be learned to an extent.. but he's so far off it's obviously not going to happen. I'd say he has no value as of right now. Seriously... if they waived him nobody would pick him up.

VanMelaner14

Tan the Man
Jun 16, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
Back to the Dub for Jake "The Rifleman" Virtanen... and if I was running things he'd be spending the year in the ECHL next season where he can learn some discipline and how not to be such a selfish player. Just because your 6th overall pick, doesn't mean you are been gifted a roster spot in the NHL. But Benning disagrees and he's playing 1st line with the Sedins because he's real "gud".

Good thing you're not running things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce